Author Topic: Anyone have a consistent source for Multicam and solid color LiteLok fabric?  (Read 1953 times)

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 10
Anyone have a reliable and consistent source for Multicam and solid color LiteLok fabric?

Alex

• View Profile
Bad news, Litelok is no more. It has been discontinued. I spoke to Ben G. at 1947. He said it's been discontinued for 3 years. It was a poor performer for them.

There is some available on rockywoods, however if you have this in one of your products, it's time to switch to something new.

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0

Alex

• View Profile
Stoner,

Thank you for the info. This is for a long term project. With it being discontinued, we'll have to go with another material we can reliably source. The market has spoken and just like 725D Multicam, LiteLok is now dead :(   Long live the LiteLok.

Fun fact, LiteLock was developed by Duro and Matt Johnson back when he was with BAE or Eagle for a lightweight concealed armor carrier fabric.

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
Interesting info, Alex.     I have my own small horde of 725d Multicam i bought from Duro at Closeout, to be made into my own Rucksack some day.

Alternative fabric, they have that diamond-weave in Multicam (X-Pac) and solid colors. 

But, for weight to strength ratio, for those individuals or units that have the budget to buy new plate carriers and load carriage after every deployment or 6 months, about all you can do in Multicam is Epsilon for low stress/low weight capacity or 330d/500d.     Mayflower did that run of APCs in 330d for a certain Unit.    Just how much weight do you save in a plate carrier made in 500d vs Litelok?

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
Well, a yard of 500d that is PU coated weighs 7 ounces,  litelok is 5.4, so my guess is somewhere between 1 and 2 ounces.
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
Mayflower also did a run of Litelok products, including their APC. I've used Litelok as the base body for a good couple of plate carrier designs, and I have never encountered any problems with the fabric in terms of wear. I also think it's a smoother fabric than 330/500 in terms of abrasion against clothing. I have used it in a pack or two, and it is really flimsy by it self- which is good or bad depending on your design and intent.