Author Topic: Nick-O Sew or How to buy a the right sewing maching the first time  (Read 1823 times)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 297
  • Likes Given: 52
WTF has purchased a small fortune worth of machines, all of our machines for that matter, from Nick at Nick-O Sewing Machine Co over the years.  Their service, pricing, and support after the fact has always been outstanding.

There’s no reason to spend big money on a brand new machine for your first purchase.  There’s even less reason to waste money on an apparel machine that is not the right tool for making gear.  Used compound feed machines are remarkably affordable.  They always seem to have used compound feed machines in stock and they’ll even deliver it assembled to your front door.

Got a little extra to spend?  A compound feed machine with thread trim, foot lift, and back tack can be had around $2k.  It will melt your brain when its time saving features are truly realized.

A shape tacker, even at $2500 used, is a drop in the bucket for a professional operation.  Being able to apply a center start/center stop 42 stitch bartack to your products will add immeasurable professionalism to your products.  Figure out how to justify one.

Not in the US?  No big deal.  They can still get you squared away.

Don’t know what you need?  Tell them what you’re doing, send samples of everything you do, and they’ll get your thread, needle, and machine all dialed in for you.

Several members here have purchased machines from Nick-O Sewing Machine Co over the years.

When you’re ready for your first, or next, machine, email nick@nickosew.com and tell them WTF sent you :)

*I’ve received (nor will I) absolutely no compensation from Nick-O Sew for this endorsement*

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 270
  • Likes Given: 267
Re: Nick-O Sew or How to buy a the right sewing maching the first time
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'll definately be looking into them when it's time for more machines.

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:16:14 AM »
I've purchased from them as well.  Awesome service, awesome machine.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

Kord

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
We're getting things lined up to purchase a bartacker in the near future, will definitely take a look at them.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
Edit to add.
I no longer support Nick O Sewing, because of unresolved problems with my last sewing machine purchase.
Scott
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:54:53 PM by SunriseTacticalGear »