Author Topic: Triple DYE Paintball Pod Pouch A-TACS FG w/all sorts of Hypalon accents  (Read 4222 times)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 289
  • Likes Given: 52

BOgear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BOgear Website
  • Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Triple DYE Paintball Pod Pouch A-TACS FG w/all sorts of Hypalon accents
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:46:11 PM »
Very very lovely and insanely clean! Fantastic work.

Particularly love how you now hide the drill hole underneath the hypalon holding down the female SRB. ;)

CLEAN!

I imagine despite how techy and detailed it looks, the build time would be relatively quick due to the cutting process, drill holes, and dual materials used. Very clever design work to do so! BIG thumbs up.
BOgear: http://www.bogear.com.au   |   Blog: http://www.bogear.com.au/blog   |   Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @bogear

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
Very nice!  Sharp and clean as usual.  I love seeing your work.  It is always an inspiration.

I like the dual closure system.  I am a big fan of doubling both Velcro and SRBs with straps.  Especially useful in paintball when the Velcro is quicker and easier for reload when in a firefight but if the Velcro starts getting gummed up after a full day of play or if you need to do some dynamic movements the SRBs are thee to keep your pods from falling out.  Nice.

I really like the integration of the Hypalon with the Cordura,  It looks fantastic and really sets your products above the rest.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:12:54 AM »
I really like how you put the Hook field onto Hypalon on the face side of the pouch. Great idea.

Are you laser cutting your hook and loop as well? It looks super clean. Does it help prevent the edges from fraying?

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
I really like how you put the Hook field onto Hypalon on the face side of the pouch. Great idea.

Are you laser cutting your hook and loop as well? It looks super clean. Does it help prevent the edges from fraying?
That's exactly what I was thinking, the slight radiused corners on the Velcro hook look very professional.
Scott

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 289
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
Very very lovely and insanely clean! Fantastic work.

Particularly love how you now hide the drill hole underneath the hypalon holding down the female SRB. ;)

CLEAN!

I imagine despite how techy and detailed it looks, the build time would be relatively quick due to the cutting process, drill holes, and dual materials used. Very clever design work to do so! BIG thumbs up.

You presented a valid point and motivated (shamed?) me to improve(:

You're absolutely correct regarding build time.  Once one gets rid of the pesky human element in cutting, all sorts of extremely cost effective, sophisticated things are possible.  Real time, on demand order fulfillment on sewn goods will melt one's mind.

Very nice!  Sharp and clean as usual.  I love seeing your work.  It is always an inspiration.

I like the dual closure system.  I am a big fan of doubling both Velcro and SRBs with straps.  Especially useful in paintball when the Velcro is quicker and easier for reload when in a firefight but if the Velcro starts getting gummed up after a full day of play or if you need to do some dynamic movements the SRBs are thee to keep your pods from falling out.  Nice.

I really like the integration of the Hypalon with the Cordura,  It looks fantastic and really sets your products above the rest.

Thanks!

It's funny-  Open top speed pouches with either bungee or friction retention are sexy.  Period.  Unfortunately, paint spatter, vegetation, and crud find their way into all the nooks and crannies of mags.  I've always despised flap pouches as I never had an efficient to manufacture flap design.  With a simple to make flap design and some Hypalon components, I was finally able to design an appealing flap pouch while maintaining manufacturability.

Now that I'm getting a solid knowledge of both textured nylon and engineered fabrics, I'm concentrating on using the best material for a given application.  It allows for endless styling options.

I'm almost certain I saw that on DIY.  As I recall, someone posted about warranty issues with replacing loop on a mag pouch.  Someone made the simple suggestion to simply mount loop on the flap allowing easy replacement.  I've sent replacement loop to numerous customers who were able to stitch it on themselves.  Were it on the pouch, it would be more cost effective to send them a new one rather than disassembling and replacing it.

The hook and loop are both laser cut.  I can't say yet if it discourages fraying.

That's exactly what I was thinking, the slight radiused corners on the Velcro hook look very professional.
Scott

While totally serviceable, the traditional method of mounting cut to length hook or loop to a webbing backing wasn't particularly sexy or elegant.  I always wanted a cleaner method for mounting hook to a pouch.  This was the result.  Affixing with 1" bartacks offers secure attachment but still allows the pouch to articulate around an item without deformation of the hook panel thus offering maximum purchase between the hook and loop.

And let's not forget...  Radii are always sexy!