Author Topic: WTB: Spanish Quick Release buckles OR help with acquiring them from the UK  (Read 1964 times)

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 6
In need of some Spanish Quick Release buckle sets in Coyote/Dark Tan/whatever it is they are actually designated as, looking specifically for the model with the pronged end for better retention (see the bottom example in the photo below).  Have had no luck finding any in the US, ITW requires a minimum order of 16,500 for theirs (which is a few lifetimes worth for me).  So, I am looking for one of two things  either someone who has some they can sell me (looking for about 100) OR a fellow gear maker who is based in the UK who can help me get some from CQC.

Have been in contact with CQC, who uses them in the PLCE equipment, and they have some on hand.  However, they do not accept credit cards or PayPal (because they deal with Gov. contracts) BUT they are willing to sell me a small quantity.  The cost of an international bank transfer from my credit union is stupid high and makes it unreasonable.  Any UK based folks that I could pay via PayPal, to then transfer the funds to CQC?

The bottom ones are the ones I am looking for.

smeki

• View Profile
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 15

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
Re: WTB: Spanish Quick Release buckles OR help with acquiring them from the UK
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
maybe this helps ...

https://www.tacticaltrim.de/ITW-Nexus-Soft-Snap-58-Tan_1

Have seen that, and at that price I might as well pay the transfer fee myself.  That is nearly 4X the price that I get through CQC, including shipping.  Thanks for the effort though.

Bootcat

• View Profile
    • Tiger Tailor
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:30:29 AM »
Use www.transferwise.com for your wire transfer at a reasonable fee.

Bougear

• View Profile
    • BouTacticalGear
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 30

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:19:52 AM »
Use www.transferwise.com for your wire transfer at a reasonable fee.
Derp, I feel like an idiot.  Spent all this time looking for other sources of the buckles online and hadn't thought to look for other ways of doing transfers.  It is 2017, after all.  You sir, win the internet for today  :)

Try whith www.acesupplies.co.uk
Looks like since they are an ITW distributor and it's a specialty part, I'd probably still have to meet the MOQ of 16,500.  Thanks for the effort though!  I'll shoot them an email anyway, you never know what will happen.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:23:43 PM by BergspitzeCustoms »