Professional > Concept, design, and engineering

500D PALS

(1/4) > >>

Gear Dynamics:
I'm looking for a 1/2" solution for PALS and I was thinking about trying folded over 500D for a matching option. These would be for our Modular Belt System, as an alternative to the laminate panels. Basically allow for more colour options. What do you guys think? Strong enough?

Martial Concepts:
I would think that it would be within spec.  Color would be spot on too.  I'M doing something similar with some attachment points for a plate carrier. 

essal:
I'm not a fan of how it looks. It might just be from the old days where lower end companies would fold fabric instead of buying webbing, but it does have a distinct "b grade" feel to me.

Why not fold 1" or .75" webbing?

BEA-RD:

--- Quote from: essal on February 15, 2017, 01:46:21 AM ---I'm not a fan of how it looks. It might just be from the old days where lower end companies would fold fabric instead of buying webbing, but it does have a distinct "b grade" feel to me.

Why not fold 1" or .75" webbing?

--- End quote ---

I dont know about low end, besides crye no one was doing all patterns on narrow fabrics. ESSTAC, OSOE to name a few where doing it along with anyone who wanted matching pattern webbing, maybe Im just thinking of a earlier time then you.

I like the cordura webbing, actually I like anything that gives off a "hand built" vibe and this falls under that. It will add time to the process but I always thought 2 or 3 stitched cordura webbing looked sexier then the single center stitch version. None the less, I think there is no problem what-so-ever, including "quality grade", with doing it.

Gear Dynamics:
Thanks for the comments. I don't love folded Cordura, and it is painful to make. Gonna need to make a folding device. The advantage it gives is that it matches completely and doesn't require a bunch of special materials. I was thinking about trying a folded 1" webbing, but I wanted a flat, low profile solution. Folding the ends under with folded webbing, might be too bulky.

I'm gonna at least make one prototype with this method and see what it looks like. I'll post some pics here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version