Author Topic: Can't find camouflage fabrics 1000d multicam, etc.  (Read 3397 times)

draaven

• View Profile
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 15
Can't find camouflage fabrics 1000d multicam, etc.
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:45:11 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm having the hardest time getting camo fabrics lately. Anybody know of any sources for small amounts like 2-5 yards? I need 1000d in Multicam or OCP (would love Kryptek, but we know how that's going). There's no way I can do full rolls right now, and Brookwood won't do cut yardage anymore, so any ideas? Rockywoods is expensive, but I think they have some.

I get ATACS directly from Schott, so that's easy, but Multicam/OCP is my main focus now, and I can't find it anywhere other than Rockywoods.

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: Can't find camouflage fabrics 1000d multicam, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Er'body in the club gettin' 500D?

draaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:01:22 PM »
500d is a little easier to find, but I require 1000d.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
Send me a PM I'm a 1,000d whore, I have Multicam 5 color and Kryptek Highlander.
My only glitch is that I don't want to ship over seas.
Scott
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:20:47 PM by SunriseTacticalGear »

17SG

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 02:37:58 PM »
Since when is Brookwood not doing cut yardage on Multicam? I ordered less than a full roll about 2 months ago.
17sierragear.com

draaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
Since when is Brookwood not doing cut yardage on Multicam? I ordered less than a full roll about 2 months ago.

She said just recently. Apparently it makes tracking their inventory too difficult.

17SG

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »

She said just recently. Apparently it makes tracking their inventory too difficult.

Well that sucks. Not everybody has a need for 75 yards at a time, including myself.  :-\
17sierragear.com

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 09:50:31 PM »

That is among the worst excuses I have ever heard.  Do they know computers exist?  They aren't dealing with tracking an inventory of perishable goods.  You could keep track of that with an abacus.  The only rolls I have bought from them less than 75 yards were ones that they had that I guess had already been cut.
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 10:50:11 PM »
My guess is that it has more to do with cost cutting, it probably wasn't making them any money having an employee cut, package, and ship small quantities of fabric, now that same person can be used to ship out full rolls of fabric.
Just a thought.
Scott
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:01:25 AM by SunriseTacticalGear »

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
Just got an email from my sales rep at Brookwood.  They do cut yardage for Multicam Patterns, but none of their other offerings. She stated this is a licensing agreement with Crye.  $12.75 per yard 1000D, $10.75 per yard 500D + $10 cut fee.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

draaven

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
Just got an email from my sales rep at Brookwood.  They do cut yardage for Multicam Patterns, but none of their other offerings. She stated this is a licensing agreement with Crye.  $12.75 per yard 1000D, $10.75 per yard 500D + $10 cut fee.

Hmmmm... different sales reps, I guess. Weird.

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:32 PM »
Is Brookwood the subsidiary that Galpen 1947 routes their Multicam fabric orders through?  I did an order through the Galpen 1947 that got referred to somebody else then the fabric was actually shipped from NJ I think.   Cut yardage plus $10 cut fee, and because I wasn't set up in their system for Net 30 days billing or whatever it is, it was just shipped to me by UPS COD.    But that was 2yrs ago, I believe, I ordered the Multicam Omega Mesh that was unobtanium for almost a year.

Multicam Man

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
Sourcing fabrics under a roll. brookwoods cut fee's
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 02:44:28 AM »
Their was an old post i was just reading about brookwoods not willing to cut Multicam fabric. That post was from 2016, but I was purchasing from them around that time and never In bulk quantity's. So they where cutting Multicam for me. Now it seams Ive found information leading me to beleave its not if they will cut but who their cutting for. Anyone else's running into trouble recently? With Multicam or any other prints?

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: Sourcing fabrics under a roll. brookwoods cut fee's
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
Their was an old post i was just reading about brookwoods not willing to cut Multicam fabric. That post was from 2016, but I was purchasing from them around that time and never In bulk quantity's. So they where cutting Multicam for me. Now it seams Ive found information leading me to beleave its not if they will cut but who their cutting for. Anyone else's running into trouble recently? With Multicam or any other prints?

Introduce yourself please.  http://gearmaker.org/index.php?board=2.0

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
My guess is that it has more to do with cost cutting, it probably wasn't making them any money having an employee cut, package, and ship small quantities of fabric, now that same person can be used to ship out full rolls of fabric.
Just a thought.
Scott

Make sense, ever if you pay the cutter minimum wage that's at least 40 extra rolls of fabric that they have to sell just to pay his/her salary