Author Topic: Multicam EDC pouch  (Read 932 times)

Tavi

• View Profile
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 5
Multicam EDC pouch
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:02:21 AM »
My first proper admin pouch (1000D Multicam, YKK8). Inside: headphones, 2x USB cable, USB sticks, H1R Nova, Swiss army knife.

sssss

• View Profile
    • Worse for Wear
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Multicam EDC pouch
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
I love it. I don't think I've ever sewn anything that small and precise before. Nice work.
Co-founder of Worse for Wear

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
Looks good.

next time i would make it just a bit wider so you have molle channels. Instead of 3 channels and a bit on both sides if you know what i mean.

But overall its nicely done

Tavi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
I agree it also needs another molle in height in my opinion. Next one will definitely be bigger. It's just a beat hard for me to get all the measurements right since I have zero knowledge with pattern making :)

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
If you build something that you want to be able to mount on molle. Or want to have molle on the front of it. Try to make it in multiplication of 1.5 inch. If you want it to be 4 molle rows wide. Then make the pattern 6 inch wide, + the seam allowance. Don't worry , ( and probably a lot of people) made the same mistakes. But it looks very good if this is your first pouch. The more you make. The better you get. And zippered pouches are not that easy in the beginning. It took me a lot of trial and error to get them right.

Tavi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
That makes sense. However the length of the zipper is my biggest fear. Cutting it short just a little bit is a costly mistake when using YKK. Specially if the pouch is more rounded. It is actually my second but first in this designee. I tried my self in making a full backpack and failed miserably. Ill probably have to stick to smaller stuff for now. Also mistakes are a lot cheaper in this dimensions:)