Author Topic: MC black rifle bag  (Read 541 times)

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 8
MC black rifle bag
« on: August 13, 2017, 05:43:01 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to share this project i did for a friend recently. It's made to size for his AR. It has full velcro interior. 6mm spacermesh for padding. Molle and a medium sized pocket on the outside. Fixed carry handles. And removeable shoulderstraps.
 front and backpanel each consists of 5 layers. Double layer of 500d on to woch the molle and carry handles are sewn. Then a piece of 6mm spacermesh. And then a full size piece of velcro sewn to a layer of 500d. Still waiting on the matching paracord and cord ends to finish off the zippers.

Any sugestions and (constructive) criticism is always welcome

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:02:46 AM by stimpy »

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 107
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: MC black rifle bag
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
Very nice work!!
I really like how you brought the zipper all the way around the spine of the bag so it lays flat when opened up.
Scott

TuffPossumGear

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:27:15 PM »
Looks great! I have to agree with Sunrise, I like the flat laying design!

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 04:40:03 PM »
How long did that take you?

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
Very very very nice! I like the contoured shoulder straps.

Did you make any inserts for the bag like rifle retention straps or loop backed pouches for mags/ammo/tools/suppressor/etc?

This is just my OCD, but you can get loop material 60" wide from a ton of manufacturers, rather than sewing down a  bunch of other widths.

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 10:21:17 PM »
It took me about 5 hours to make including the cutting templates that can be re-used for future products now. I think it is possible to build one in 3 hours. But this was the first one.

@ globe. It comes with velcro backed rifle retention and mag holder. And i did use roll width velcro. But i sewed it to the cordura layer every 10cm to avoid that the rifle or mags would pull the velcro layer
Away from the bag during transport. Or when removing/relocating the inserts or straps

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 235
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
Great work. The clamshell design looks good as rifle case. The removable shoulder straps are a cool feature, but I tend to prefer a single, duffle bag style shoulder strap, as I've usually always got a pack on my back too. How does the bag feel on your back when it's full loaded up? Might be worth it to make a slot that you can slip in a sheet of HDPE. I'd also switch out that spacermesh for a closed cell foam. I've found the mesh soaks up moisture and tends to hold it for a while.

Let's see some pics of the inserts and a rifle in there!