Author Topic: Is anyone having trouble with Texcel right now?  (Read 549 times)

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
Is anyone having trouble with Texcel right now?
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:18 PM »
So I'm having a bit of an fiesco with Texcel right now and here's the situation:

I placed an sizable order with them on Oct 27th (for CB, RG, CG483, Multicam 1 side) and then when I received the sales orders the items are listed with different ship dates. I thought it was just a glitch on their part and judging from the positive dealing with them in the past I choose to ignored it.

Then on Nov 1st I received one invoice that was for half of the CG483 ONLY, I was like hey what's going on and where's the rest of the shipment and their response was they will come in multiple shipment (I didn't ask why but I assume that not everything are in stock) and there will be shipping charge for EACH shipment. I was not happy to hear that because it's just not right to charged your customer multiple times for one order without informing them first, I tried writing back but there was no response on their part.

Then on Nov 2nd I received two additional invoices, one for Multicam and one RG plus the other half of CG483 stuff. Confusing enough no shipping was charged for those two shipment. I haven't received an invoice nor being charged for CB yet and it's been over a week already since the order was placed. I'm calling them tomorrow so hopefully I can find out what's going on.

TL:DR They divided my order into multiple shipments for reasons that I haven't clarify yet and they want me to pay for shipping for each shipment. so I was wondering if anyone having similar issue with them right now?

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 258
  • Likes Given: 253
Re: Is anyone having trouble with Texcel right now?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
Never had that happen with any of our orders. I need to order a bunch of stuff soon and I'll definitely be mentioning this. Who is the sales rep you are dealing with?

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »
Never had that happen with any of our orders. I need to order a bunch of stuff soon and I'll definitely be mentioning this. Who is the sales rep you are dealing with?

It was Leanne who took my order and Kristie who told me that there will be shipping charge for each shipment when I email them about it. Never had this happened before until now in fact the last time a color was OOS they contacted me and ask if I want to wait so everything gets ship out in one go.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:35:49 PM »
That's odd. Seems like the default should be not shipping anything until the complete order is in stock and ready to go, or as you said contact the customer and clear it first. Let us know when they get back to you with an explaination.

Bootcat

• View Profile
    • Tiger Tailor
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:23:29 AM »
I was recently surprised when ordering plain Tan 499 55301 webbing, 3 weeks of unannounced waiting time before shipping. Before that Texcel always shipped in 24-48h.

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
Status update: They had been really backed up since mid 2016 so they opened up a second plant in North Carolina just to keep up, and they produce and ship webbings out of both plants. I told them the situation and they are willing to waive the shipping charge and consolidate future orders so everything will go out at once. CB will not be shipped until another week or two but all in all very happy that I'm not getting charged multiple times on shipping.

Overall very happy that the situation got resolved, but consider having them consolidate your order so everything goes out all at once and expect at least 1-2 weeks lead time from now on since they are so backed up now. 

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
Thanks for the update.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »
I had my last order shipped at multiple times from different locations, in the future I guess I just need to tell them to ship complete.
Since they seem to be behind it looks like I need to plan ahead and order before I run out.
Scott