Author Topic: Chest rig/placard project  (Read 197 times)

thewolf

• View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 29
Chest rig/placard project
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:24:38 AM »
Well, since I found a ton of free time I'm embarking on another project. I came across an S&S Precision Gear Retention Track system and thought I could turn this thing into a sweet chest rig. I originally thought I could make this work as a placard for my JPC, which I still could, but I decided a chest rig would be cool.

Here's what I'm thinking -

Idea #1 Make two side panels that are 3 rows by 4 columns and an adapter of some sort to work with my existing h-harness. The issue though, is creating the side panels...the GRT has two slots that are about 1 1/4 inches wide and spaced 2 inches apart. I originally thought I could simply "wrap" the MOLLE through the slots and velcro to the back of the side panel but then it wouldn't line up quite right and I'd probably end up with 4 continuous rows of webbing.

Idea #2 is to essentially make a "kangaroo" pocket for the GRT and basically create a standard looking chest rig.

I'm looking for any ideas or if you've done a project similar to this.

Main goals - GRT can be used independently as a placard and also be used as a chest rig. Must integrate with current h-harness (EGL/mayflower style).

Pics

UPDATE

made the first sleeve prototype today. nothing crazy here but wanted to show you the direction i think I'm going to take. basically, i'm going to make this into an AVS style flap that I can insert the GRT into. A few more tweeks and I think it'll be good to go.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:16:20 PM by thewolf »

thewolf

• View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Chest rig project
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »
Updated and fitted. Again, still a couple more tweaks ahead. I think I'll cover the entire back in hook and increase the width and length by 1/4 inch so I can top stitch the bottom of the pouch and overall have a nicer fit.

TuffPossumGear

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Chest rig/placard project
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
No pics showing

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: Chest rig/placard project
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
I think the problem is with your browser. I can see the pics since the moment this thread was posted.