Author Topic: Murdock Belt Webbing  (Read 738 times)

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 253
Murdock Belt Webbing
« on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
We are looking at commissioning Murdock Webbing to make us belt webbing with the same stiffness and feel as their other deployment belt offerings. Are there any other businesses who would like to jump on this with us?

The advantage to this webbing over using 4088/27265 T13 is CONSISTENCY!!

- It is consistent with the woven Multicam, M81, Kryptek that is on the market. Same thickness, stiffness and feel.
- The width is just over 44mm, but consistent across the colours
- The colours are excellent representations of their fabric counterparts
- The yarns are matte, unlike the T13 webbing, which is very shiny
- 5000lb breaking strength
- Polyester, jacquard woven

We have samples of the actual webbing (pictured below). Contact us directly via email (geardynamics@gmail.com) if you are interested. Minimum commitment we are looking for could be as little as 500 yds, if there is lots of interest. Of course, the more rolls anyone can take the better.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:49:39 PM by Gear Dynamics »

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Murdock Belt Webbing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:59 AM »
Any idea about price? I currently use about 200yards of coyote and 100 black /year. So 500yard moq is a bit on the high side for me, but if the price is good i might be interested. If you rather keep the price private you can shoot me a pm on here or IG

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »
PM Sent.

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 05:58:40 AM »
What colors and/or patterns are you planning to stock?

This is exactly the kind of stuff we are on a special forum for. Thank you for spearheading this custom project.

500 is a pretty big quantity for a lot of us here. However, combined, I think a lot of us could meet the minimums you need. Id be willing to help coordinate everyone that wants/needs less than 500.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:35:29 AM »
The MOQ from Murdock is 5000 yds per colour. At 500yds per business, it would only take 10 owners to commit, to make one colour happen. Initially, we are hoping to run Black, followed by Coyote and then Ranger.

We are waiting to hear back from Murdock to see if they are willing to make an exception to their MOQ, possibly 3000 yds at a higher price point. Weve approached a few webbing retailers to see if theyd be willing to step in and help out too. Im hoping well have more info in the new year whether this is gonna happen or not. The more people that come forward and show interest, the stronger the incentive for a retailer to step in.