Author Topic: Looking for White ITW Side Release Buckles  (Read 602 times)

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 5
Looking for White ITW Side Release Buckles
« on: December 30, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
Have a project coming up that require white 1" ITW side release buckles.  None of the suppliers that I usually go through carry them in white, but ITW has the Classic SR in white listed as an option.  Hudson has 1" white SR buckles but they are not ITW, and appear to be different enough that they will not mate with ITW.  As this is going to be an accessory item to an existing product, the compatibility is key.  Anyone have any they are willing to part with (need a half dozen sets or so) or know where to pick some up?

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 255
  • Likes Given: 246
Re: Looking for White ITW Side Release Buckles
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
Did you email Marc @ Hudson or just look on the website?

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »
Emailed, no response yet, but only saw the "hudson" buckles so I figured I'd explore other options while waiting to hear back.

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:12:53 PM »
Last I checked Supply Captain stock ITW hardware in white, dont remember if they have SR though...

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »
Last I checked Supply Captain stock ITW hardware in white, dont remember if they have SR though...

Nope, unfortunately not.  Several other white things, no SRB.

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 09:31:44 AM »
Globe, I appreciate the links but none of those are specified as ITW, and as stated I need them to be either ITW or at least compatible with them. If someone has used any of those before and can confirm if any mate well with ITW buckles then maybe those are viable. I have a variety of SRBs on hand and very few mate with ITW, and only one does well.

Heard back from Hudson this morning, they don't carry them since MOQ is 28k pieces.

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »
The classic ‘box shape’ is cross compatible from all companies.

Do you have a different shape? Post a pic of the buckles you need matched.

Also, it’s also only $1 or $2 to test one out.

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »
The classic ‘box shape’ is cross compatible from all companies.
I have four different side release buckle types that are all of nearly identical shapes/styles to my ITW buckles and none are perfectly compatible with one another, either they don't lock in securely or they are barely too large, depending on which male/female pairing you do.

Do you have a different shape? Post a pic of the buckles you need matched.
They are ITW/Nexus SR-1 Buckles, as indicated in my original post.

Also, it’s also only $1 or $2 to test one out.
One of the links requires purchase in packs of 10 plus shipping, another has $8 shipping for a single $0.95 buckle, and the fourth page shows a blank section for the white buckles, no add-to-cart option.  One is viable, $2-ish shipping.  I have found all those links myself (and plenty more) through Google, and have saved them for reference if it comes to that.

I appreciate the info, but before I go spending money on trial and error, the original question, from the original post, still stands.  I need some 1" side release buckles that are either ITW or 100% compatible with ITW, and am wondering if anyone can provide info regarding that specifically.

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
Are they made from acetal or nylon?  All military stuff is usually made from Acetal and it gets spec'd in for solicitations.

You might not have a choice in what type of material if you only need a few buckles due to the minimums the buckle manufacturers (ITW and National Molding) require to make them white in acetal (I was also told that it's a pain in the molding process to get a good solid white buckle in acetal due to several technical challenges). This is one of the reasons most of the mid size and big companies all use grey/green buckles for their winter stuff.

See some info in the link below.
http://na.itwnexus.com/content/general-material-descriptions-0

http://www.acesupplies.co.uk/blog/nylon-or-acetal-whats-best-for-my-buckle/

Would a low tech solution be possible? Milspec white spray paint for any near/far IR requirement? If your customer is military, they should have a bunch of that stuff.

Plan B or C would be to start calling any gear manufacturer that you know to be using white ITW nexus SR buckles and seeing if they would be good to sell you what you need. Get an intro to their materials purchasing manager from one of your good material suppliers.....Mary at Tweave is great at making these connections.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 04:58:33 PM by Alex »

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »
Would a low tech solution be possible? Milspec white spray paint for any near/far IR requirement? If your customer is military, they should have a bunch of that stuff.

Plan B or C would be to start calling any gear manufacturer that you know to be using white ITW nexus SR buckles and seeing if they would be good to sell you what you need. Get an intro to their materials purchasing manager from one of your good material suppliers.....Mary at Tweave is great at making these connections.

It's for a Coyote Hunting rig, so unless the 'yotes in my customer's areas have NVGs, I don't think the "need" is anything more than simple color matching.  I have already discussed the option of using a different color buckle and having white elastic keepers over them, but that's less preferred by my customer.

I have reached out to a few of my contacts who have products who use them.  Not too many do stuff in white, so it is what it is.  We'll see if anything pans out.