Author Topic: Reference and informational websites and discussion forums  (Read 1314 times)

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 74
  • Likes Given: 38
Reference and informational websites and discussion forums
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:04:56 AM »
There is a wealth of information out there.  Sometimes, it can be hard to navigate to the good stuff.  Other times, sites will actively discourage sharing vendor or information sources.  gearmaker.org is another forum in cyberspace and recognizes the contributions of others.  If you have a link you'd like to see added, please reply to this post with a URL.

Backpacking.net

BackpackingLight.com

DIY Tactical

Roll Your Own @ Lightfighter.net

Tactical Gear @ AR15.com

PatternReview.com

Fashion Incubator
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:00:16 PM by gearmaker.org »

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Reference and informational websites and discussion forums
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Re:  1947 Galpen
   I had been trying to score more Multicam Omega printed mesh for my helmet covers and other projects.   All the ghillie suit retailers were sold out, Duro dropped it as a standard item.
   1947 Galpen takes over, I get the form letter with excel spreadsheet with pricing, full rolls, less than, etc.
   I put in an order for 10yds of Omega Mesh, which got transferred to Brookwood sales rep.    I got my 10yrs for a bit more than full roll price per yard, had a $10 cut charge, and paid for COD shipment (due to their standing sales policy) with cashiers' check, about 9 days later.