Author Topic: Raine MOLLE Cover for Tubes Cummerbunds  (Read 396 times)

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 74
  • Likes Given: 38
Raine MOLLE Cover for Tubes Cummerbunds
« on: January 18, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »
Check it out on Soldier Systems

Raine is launching a Kickstarter for our MOLLE Cover for Tubes™ Cummerbunds!

(Help us come up with a better name for this product. Write your suggestion in the comments section. If it’s selected, you will receive one as a thank you. Use a valid email address for us to contact you if your name is selected).

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Raine MOLLE Cover for Tubes Cummerbunds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
That's a interesting solution, I had run Tubes cummerbund before and was never really bothered by the lost of space all that much but there might be others who might find it useful.

Kind of iffy that they went with the crowdfunding route to fund it though, considered that they are already a established company with a customer base.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 81
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
Doesn't someone on the forum work for Raine? Or am I mixing up people?

I think it's a great solution to a problem that is so obvious I'm surprised with the popularity that FS have had with Tubes.

As a freebee for Raine- make one that has room for an soft armor insert (and sell the insert too).
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »
I am the designer of the Bridger line.

Thanks for the shout out Ryan!

You can support us on Kickstarter through the following link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/256206016/molle-cover-for-tubestm-cummerbunds-plate-carriers

Essal, you are sharp, armor was one of the initial requirements. Our patent covers hard and soft armor inserts. We have lots of stuff in the works.

WBTactical, We did a kickstarter to help market the launch and because we thought it would be a fun thing to do (also helps show the boss there is a demand). It pushed me to learn and implement better photography and marketing, which we have not been great at in the past. I highly recommend the experience, the toughest thing is getting the word out. Expect to see a lot more mid and large companies in the tactical market doing kickstarters. For example if company X wants to see if an existing product would be wanted in woodland.

Stay tuned, we have a lot of stuff coming out with these solutions through Raine and our partners.

A main line of our business is helping other companies design and manufacture their products. The Bridger line helps us to market our design and manufacturing capabilities to new customers (Companies and individuals).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:48:26 PM by Alex »