Author Topic: Double needle binding  (Read 447 times)

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 6
Double needle binding
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »
A recently requested prototype called for double stitched binding.  Lots of it. Both inside and outside curves. So I have been looking around to see what options I'd have to bind with my Juki LUH 520 double needle.  Obviously with the two top plates for the bobbins, it doesn't have the conventional holes for a binding attachment.  Does anyone use a double needle for binding?  If so, what attachment brand do you use? Just trying to give a more crisp appearance and be more efficient than two passes with the single needle.

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Double needle binding
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:58:04 PM »
Try drilling and tapping the right cover plate so you can set up a binding attachment on the plate? Or, perhaps, pick up a spare plate so the attachment can stay permanently mounted to it and you can swap it in/out as needed.

-Dan
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:02:06 PM by StonePhotoGear »

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:42:42 PM »
Try drilling and tapping the right cover plate so you can set up a binding attachment on the plate? Or, perhaps, pick up a spare plate so the attachment can stay permanently mounted to it and you can swap it in/out as needed.

-Dan

Yep, already have one in my shopping cart in case this is the only option.  Just wondering if there are any other alternatives, because chances are on top of the cost of the plate and the proper tap, I'll most likely bugger up the first one and have to do it all over again  ;)

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
Kory,

Join this yahoo group and ask your question. Lots of good people in this group that know a ton about sewing machines.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wefixit/info