Author Topic: Juki DNU-1541 Oil Problem  (Read 339 times)

Boltripper

• View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 8
Juki DNU-1541 Oil Problem
« on: March 09, 2018, 07:20:24 AM »
Just received my new Juki a few weeks ago and love the machine... Henderson in Alabama set the machine up and its running great.

My issue is that I'm having oil get in the bobbin case / on the bobbin thread and when sewing on my WTF Labels its wicking out of the thread and making a mess of the label. Not much, but just enough to make the tag look very unprofessional.

Is this normal for a new machine? Any way to combat this?

Thanks in advance,

John

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 249
Re: Juki DNU-1541 Oil Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
It happens. Especially with that type of label. The fibres in the label material will wick any moisture. The self lubricating mechanism of your machine distributes oil to the hook, and if itís saturated, it will get on the bobbin. Wipe everything down and check the level of oil in the tank. Make sure itís between the lines, not over, or under.

Boltripper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:06:33 AM »
Thanks.. Helps to know this is somewhat normal. I'm not overfilled at all and I'll get everything wiped down. I could always wipe it down and sew the label first before I get into the meat of it.

Also thinking of going to a leather tag that would absorb some of the oils and not look ruined.

Appreciate the response and help..

Best,

John

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 249
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
Another idea, is to switch to a label design that allows you to sew it into a seam, instead of onto a flat surface. We do this with all of our tags now, which not only eliminates an assembly step, but helps with branding smaller pouches and items which might not have an ideal flat label spot for a label.

Boltripper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »
That's a really good idea.. I'll need to talk to wtf and see what he could do for me ...

Best,

J