Author Topic: Target bag  (Read 282 times)

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 107
  • Likes Given: 67
Target bag
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »
I got a request from a customer, maybe someone in the States could do this.
Get a hold of me if you would like me to put you in touch with the customer. Below are his requests.

ďNot that your looking for "one more thing" but for the life of me I can not find ANY tactical style paper target bags.   Tired of my targets getting curled up, corners ruffed up or them blowing away at the range.   I would pay good money for a zippered 14x22 paper target bag alot like an art student would carry with art work in it.   Sides backed with thin plastic for rigidity and maybe one divider in it, portfolio style with a shoulder strap.   MOLLE webbing on the outside to take a pouch for a staple gun and extra staples.  Perfict.  One could carry over your shoulder when you walk down range and have hands free hanging targets.  (Vrs setting the stack on the ground in the wet)  Just reach into the bag and pull another one to hang, easy.Ē   

Scott

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 254
  • Likes Given: 243
Re: Target bag
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:49:53 PM »
Neat idea for a one-off, but because everyone has different targets they like, I donít see it being convertible to a retail product. I feel like it would take for time and effort to design the thing than the one customer would be willing to pay... not to be johnny raincloud over here.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »
Neat idea for a one-off, but because everyone has different targets they like, I donít see it being convertible to a retail product. I feel like it would take for time and effort to design the thing than the one customer would be willing to pay... not to be johnny raincloud over here.
Yea, I agree it would be difficult to design for the market because of the various target sizes.
I believe he is just looking for a ďone offĒ bag.
A few years ago I would have taken this type of job myself, but now my current work load keeps me from custom projects unless it is something that I really see a future market for, or just interests me.
scott

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »
Sound simple enough but like anything custom related it will take some refinement and maybe a mock up before it's a viable design that can be cut and sewn, I did a quick google search and found some commercial options that might work for him, minus the MOLLE for his staple gun pouch:

https://www.amazon.com/X-Port-Professional-Advertising-Photography-Presentation/dp/B00JBGC0SY

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »
Iíll take it, with one modification, that we just sew a pouch onto the front for the staples and staple gun. I never understand wanting custom made, then adding PALs when you know exactly what you want to put in that area. Itís easy enough to build a generic size pouch that will fit a staple gun, staples, even a roll of masking tape.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:10:27 PM by Globe »

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »
Right on Globe, I'll let him know you're interested.
Scott

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
Iíll take it, with one modification, that we just see a pouch onto the front for the staples and staple gun. I never understand wanted custom made, then adding PALs when you know exactly what you want to put in that area. Itís be easy enough to build a generic size pouch that will fit a staple gun, staples, even a roll of masking tape.

I had messaged Scott earlier saying I had done some target bags for someone before that were done this way.  Had a front panel organizer with room for all the things he wanted, staple gun, staples, markers/pens, and digital calipers for measuring groups.  I completely agree with you, silly to build a dedicated bag and then to go out of the way to make it modular with pouches that are unlikely to be used anywhere else.

I'm plenty busy, so if you want to go ahead and take it, by all means I'm happy to pass.  I actually need to make some for the local 4-H group anyway but their sizes need to be bigger for their larger target sheets.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 11:47:36 AM »
Thanks Guys,
I sent him both of your contact info and responses that you gave.
Weíll see if anything comes from this.
Scott