Author Topic: Pull-pin adjustable hardware  (Read 340 times)

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 6
Pull-pin adjustable hardware
« on: March 24, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
Customer recently added a request to their prototype but had no idea on what hardware to use.  They found this photo online, and want me to incorporate a similar adjustment feature into their product.  Before I gave them an answer on the change and figure out the price adjustment, I need to find a solid source for a hardware solution

So essentially it needs to be two pieces of webbing that are joined by a pull-pin style release.  Metal hardware preferred, but a proven polymer solution would be fine too.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Not even sure what to search for, as "pull pin" type hardware hasn't resulted in anything worth pursuing.

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Pull-pin adjustable hardware
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:21:36 PM »
That's parachute hardware.

I found a similar pin here. May be best to find some parachute gear forums and ask around there. Also contact the team at paragear and see if they can help. They detail the parts for this in the parachute riggers manual handbook (page 70).

http://www.paragear.com/skydiving/10000179/XH6015/

Bentneedle

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »
Will a standard AG R clip pin work. I buy them from AG supply but about any Farm store should have them. they can also be bought in an assortment

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 09:47:49 PM »
That's parachute hardware.
I found a similar pin here. May be best to find some parachute gear forums and ask around there. Also contact the team at paragear and see if they can help. They detail the parts for this in the parachute riggers manual handbook (page 70).
http://www.paragear.com/skydiving/10000179/XH6015/

Awesome.  Not the easiest thing to sew on, it appears, I wonder if there's a molded plastic, sewable, non-parachute-rated version somewhere. But this is a start, thanks!

Will a standard AG R clip pin work. I buy them from AG supply but about any Farm store should have them. they can also be bought in an assortment

I'm not talking about the clip pin itself (I grew up farming, I'm intimately familiar with all manner of retention pins), but the whole system shown was eluding me.  The cones with the holes that the pin is inserted through, etc.

Bentneedle

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »
Sorry that i missed understood your question.

Has far as I can tell the pin system you have pictured is part of a quick release system for the British military starting about 1940. It was part of a quick release system that detached an assualt life vest from British web gear. More than likely its not available to the consumer market  or was made specifically for the British Military. I have been trying to find an alternative with No luck.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:58:37 PM by Bentneedle »

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »
Alex already pointed me in the right direction.  Paragear.  Got all the info sent to the customer to see if they're okay with the cost of testing it out.