Author Topic: Yet another backpack.  (Read 915 times)

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 0
Yet another backpack.
« on: June 23, 2018, 03:46:33 PM »
I was too lazy to  repost everything here so I will just provide the link to my blog https://tarsiertactical.wordpress.com/2018/06/23/180623-second-backpack/

Any comments, criticisms or suggestions are always appreciated. While positive comments feed the ego, constructive critisism results in improvement... so fire away - dont be shy.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: Yet another backpack.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »
You're getting into my 2nd biggest pet peeve, which is raw edge webbing. Fold it, and it will last longer and look nicer.
And you straps seem to wrinkle a bit, try stretching the fabric straight before you triple stitch the webbing down. Again, it would look nicer. Another thing here would be to try to give your straps some shape, straight straps aren't really comfortable compared to curved ones.
Last minor thing, is that set in zippers are time consuming to make. If you'd split the part into a top, bottom, and 2 sides you'd 9/10 times end up with a cleaner looking result and there would be more internal seams to attach whatever pocket that is going on the inside to. Since you use a liner fabric on the pack, you can also attach the liner properly to the zipper without much hassle and it will look great.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna