Author Topic: Double AK mag pouch us-british style hybrid  (Read 355 times)

Stepan1983

• View Profile
    • SPLAV
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 40
Double AK mag pouch us-british style hybrid
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:50 AM »
Made this pouch for two AK74 magazines. The design is based on US MOLLE double magazine pouch (with lid protecting magazines from dirt), but with typical British long webbing/velcro flap. I wanted to install metal snap on the bottom of the velcro, but I was lazy. It also has elastic cord retention and side PALS loops (for small pouches like pistol mag or multitool). On the back there is a classic PALS attachment without any metal snaps, very reliable. The clips are made of two layers of webbing with plastic pieces in between.
/

Stepan1983

• View Profile
    • SPLAV
Re: Double AK mag pouch us-british style hybrid
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 03:12:26 AM »

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 258
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:12:40 PM »
When it's vest mounted, does the lid open enough to get the mags out? It looks like it would be difficult to access them. What is the webbing that is sticking out from your PALS attachment? I know what it is for, but what is the material?

Nice pouch!

Stepan1983

• View Profile
    • SPLAV
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 02:37:03 AM »
When it's vest mounted, does the lid open enough to get the mags out? It looks like it would be difficult to access them. What is the webbing that is sticking out from your PALS attachment? I know what it is for, but what is the material?

Nice pouch!

The idea is that lid is sewn to the back wall with more than 90 degrees (I made +30 actually). Americans used this method in LBV vests and later in MOLLE kit pouches. It gives you little  bit more freedom to open the pouch. All other ways are better in terms of access to magazines, but there will be some holes for dirt on the top. Mine is completely covering the entrance from the top.

The narrow ribbon is some local made thing. There are some nice American made analogs out there
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:52:03 AM by Stepan1983 »