Author Topic: Backpack #7 multicam.  (Read 239 times)

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
Backpack #7 multicam.
« on: August 09, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
I apologize in advance but it is much easier for me to simply link to my blog. https://tarsiertactical.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/180806-backpack-7-multicam/

Im slowly improving but corners, binding tape and just stitching straight are still extremely challenging. Welcom any comments, criticisms or suggestions...

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 261
  • Likes Given: 51
Re: Backpack #7 multicam.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:06:11 AM »
I apologize in advance but it is much easier for me to simply link to my blog. https://tarsiertactical.wordpress.com/2018/08/06/180806-backpack-7-multicam/

Im slowly improving but corners, binding tape and just stitching straight are still extremely challenging. Welcom any comments, criticisms or suggestions...

Take one minute and forty five seconds to link the pics here.

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
How do I link the pictures? 

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
When you are making a post, click on the insert image icon (furthest button to the left, right under the "B" for bold text). This will allow you to paste a URL to an image you have uploaded somewhere on the internet. This image could be hosted on a photo sharing site, or perhaps on your blog. Alternatively, you could simply bracket your URL with the image tags like this: [img]YOUR URL GOES HERE[/ img]...added a space after the back slash so the tags would display in this post.

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 02:34:20 AM »

That didnt work too well. The pictures are way too big and cropped (second and third picture) And it would take a long time for me to individually insert each picture. So much easier to just link to my blog. Maybe I could just post a picture of the finished product with the link to the build photos?  Unless there is an easier way to do them in bulk from wordpress.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:43:31 AM by Tarsiertactical »

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »
It's much easier for us to see the pictures right here..

Your SPI (stitches per inch) looks low. I'd crank it up to 7-9.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

cdhtac

• View Profile
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »
I assume that metallic measuring tape pinned  down with clips is meant to measure the lenght of some piece? I have a 1,5m long strip of cordura for that purpose; it's a bit more accurate method as it countours with the shape i pin it to

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip!!  Ihave a juki 1541 and usually have it set on 4 or 5. It appears to be 8 stitches per inch. So you are saying the stitches should be shorter? 

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 03:17:17 PM »
Yes. I have been measuring much more often and it seemed to help a lot. Thats an excellent idea. Ill try it. Thanks!!!

I assume that metallic measuring tape pinned  down with clips is meant to measure the lenght of some piece? I have a 1,5m long strip of cordura for that purpose; it's a bit more accurate method as it countours with the shape i pin it to

cdhtac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 03:40:25 AM »
As far as that zippered pocket (in front panel) goes;

I am sure that there is a hidden line of stitching over there, and that visible one isn't the only one.  But i would add another visible line of stitching, just for show. It gives a product a bit more finished and higher quality look. An average user might not realize that the zipper is not held in place with only a single line of stitching.

A superb build quality (and design) is what sets the gear made by like guys us apart from average mass produced the civilian products.

And that should show in the product
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:42:19 AM by cdhtac »

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 06:21:15 AM »
So as a rule of thumb - always (when possible)  have double stitching visible?  That makes sense. Thanks!

As far as that zippered pocket (in front panel) goes;

I am sure that there is a hidden line of stitching over there, and that visible one isn't the only one.  But i would add another visible line of stitching, just for show. It gives a product a bit more finished and higher quality look. An average user might not realize that the zipper is not held in place with only a single line of stitching.

A superb build quality (and design) is what sets the gear made by like guys us apart from average mass produced the civilian products.

And that should show in the product

Tarsiertactical

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 06:24:04 AM »
Ok. I tried my machine on several different settings in the picture below. Which setting do you suggest. The bottom is 5.5. Im assuming the settings on the juki are millimeters. I have been using 4 or 5 which is about 8 stitches per inch.

It's much easier for us to see the pictures right here..

Your SPI (stitches per inch) looks low. I'd crank it up to 7-9.

cdhtac

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
So as a rule of thumb - always (when possible)  have double stitching visible?  That makes sense. Thanks! 

Well, that's just my preference, but it makes sense to me:)

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 02:25:53 PM »
The SPI seems lower than 7, at least when I count along the webbing loops, and the stitches look fairly large on the front zipper. It's not the end of the world, but tighter stitches give it more strength and looks more professional. If 4.5 is 7, and 3 is 10, then maybe 4 or 3.5 is what I'd use.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 256
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 07:18:52 PM »
On a 1541 I'd set the dial to 3, which I believe is the lowest number on there. That should give you about 10 stitches per inch. That's what we use.