Author Topic: Juki LU-2828V-7  (Read 2082 times)

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Juki LU-2828V-7
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
Hello guys, I've been using this machine since March, if you are interested in something, let me know.

Are you using it for production sewing or for product development/prototype/sample making? How do you like it?

My concern is that it's the first generation of this machine and there could be weird software and hardware issues like there are on many first releases of anything.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 277
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
This thing is uh-mazing  ;D 

BLACKFOLIUM

• View Profile
    • BLACKFOLIUM
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »
This thing is uh-mazing  ;D 

Simply an amazing machine...
Tha automatic thread tension system works well?

Congrats

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 08:06:29 AM »
Thread tension is superb.  The sewing supervisor may walk by a machine and, while the sewing g machine operator is prepping for their next step, change settings and/or profiles wirelessly via NFC with a tablet.

BLACKFOLIUM

• View Profile
    • BLACKFOLIUM
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »
Thread tension is superb.  The sewing supervisor may walk by a machine and, while the sewing g machine operator is prepping for their next step, change settings and/or profiles wirelessly via NFC with a tablet.

That's sounds amazing! We're looking for this kind of machine for 2019. I think it may be a great step forward in terms of productivity and quality.
Can i ask you the range of price for this JUKI? Durkopp Adler with same/similar features fly around 7000Ä + VAT in EU

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 05:06:09 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Juki-LU-2828V-7-S-N-W-F-w-Auto-Thread-Trimmer-Direct-Drive-Smart-Machine/163350777495?hash=item2608770e97:g:eJsAAOSwVRBb221O:rk:1:pf:0

Here's an Ebay listing for the same machine as WTF has, just with a regular table top and legs ^^^

Looks like WTF got a bigger "piano top" table though, and the Kessler hand-crank adjustable legs. My local dealer(OC Industrial in Santa Ana) sells JUST THE LEGS for $850 on top of the machine price. Definitely worth it if you sew standing up, or are tall, or have multiple operators working one machine, so each operator is as comfortable as possible, they can adjust the height to suit them.

-Dan

frozen-stitches

• View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:47 AM »
Iíve got a few questions about this machine, we are looking at it in an upholstery shop.
Do you need to use the auto thread trimmer and auto back tack?  There are a lot of projects we do where we have to hand tie in a splice top decorative stitch.
How would a machine like this tolerate dirty things sewn through it with the sensors getting dust an dirt on them.
How many sewing parameters can be stored in the machine? It would nice to store a lot of them.
Can you use the T-270 thread in it?
It also looks like it uses different feet, so that is another cost for us. I know you got it from nick-sew, but did you check locally for a dealer that can maintain it for you?

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »
Iíve got a few questions about this machine, we are looking at it in an upholstery shop.
Do you need to use the auto thread trimmer and auto back tack?  There are a lot of projects we do where we have to hand tie in a splice top decorative stitch.

One may deactivate thread trim and back tack.

How would a machine like this tolerate dirty things sewn through it with the sensors getting dust an dirt on them.

We run only virgin material through it.  A daily compressed air blow out of the machine should prevent most issues.

How many sewing parameters can be stored in the machine? It would nice to store a lot of them.

I don't know.  We haven't yet exhausted its storage space.

Can you use the T-270 thread in it?

Juki's site says 138

It also looks like it uses different feet, so that is another cost for us. I know you got it from nick-sew, but did you check locally for a dealer that can maintain it for you?

Different feet save money when used correctly.

Local authorized Juki distributor sent a tech.  He was a walking bag of dicks.  My, god.  Two machines were worse after he left.  He just kept running his mouth about how he married in to the sewing machine family but got divorced but stayed cuz it's a job.  A job at which he does not seem to excel.  I finally discovered he had not received factory training on the 2800 series.  One must learn to maintain their own machines to minimize interruptions to daily operations.  This machine is as easy to maintain as a 2210.

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 05:34:25 PM »
Ryan,

Do you think this machine could excel in a design workshop where it could be used as a Swiss army knife of sewing machines for different weight fabrics, webbing, threads, and laminates?

Being able to set into memory the 100+ different combinations of things we sew in new product development for prototypes would be awesome.

frozen-stitches

• View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 06:26:34 AM »
Thanks for the detailed reply. I was getting 503 errors trying to download the manual. Iíve thumbed through it a little today now that I downloaded it. I was interested in the auto thread tension, foot pressure, and the programs of settling it up for different weights, and thickness materials. I kinda want my next machine to use the large thread as a lot of seats are going in that style and Iíd want to have a factory match of thread. 

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »
Ryan,

Do you think this machine could excel in a design workshop where it could be used as a Swiss army knife of sewing machines for different weight fabrics, webbing, threads, and laminates?

Being able to set into memory the 100+ different combinations of things we sew in new product development for prototypes would be awesome.

My choice for a sampling machine, hands down, is a 2210N with pneumatic high step knee switch and a Mitsu panel.  For production- V series all day long. 

Whiskey Two Five runs the sewing suite.  During production, she can make the changes on the 2828Vs via NFC with a tablet while the operator is changing a foot or thread.  Two people doing the work of one, in this instance, accelerates the retooling process and keeps four eyes on the changeover for better QA.  If the operator were expected to do all of those tasks, there's a higher probability loss of revenue would occur in the form of bad parts.  The V excels in the production role.

When doing sample work and constantly changing thicknesses and materials; I can adjust tension knobs, stitch length, presser foot pressure, etc waaaaaay quicker on a 2210 than I can on the V.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 10:16:13 AM »
Thanks for the detailed reply. I was getting 503 errors trying to download the manual. Iíve thumbed through it a little today now that I downloaded it. I was interested in the auto thread tension, foot pressure, and the programs of settling it up for different weights, and thickness materials. I kinda want my next machine to use the large thread as a lot of seats are going in that style and Iíd want to have a factory match of thread.

Contact a sewing machine distributor.  Tell them your needs.  Let them build your spec.  There are some distributors extremely well versed in auto upholstery.