Author Topic: Juki LU-2828V-7  (Read 830 times)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 264
  • Likes Given: 51
Juki LU-2828V-7
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Nick of http://nickosew.com/ let us know that some LU-2828V-7s were available.

I hadn't heard of them.  Mother of God.  I couldn't imagine stitch quality better than what the 2828A-7 offers but Juki figured it out.  And they're WiFi enabled

New machinery should arrive early September.  Very exciting.  If you have questions, please ask.

And you can talk to it with a tablet (9000C shown)-

http://ism.jukieurope.com/machines/lu-2828v-7

LU-2800V-7 Series

Semi-dry, direct-drive, Unison-feed, Lockstitch Sewing System (Digital Type)

The LU-2800V-7 Series are high-performance sewing machines that have been digitized for easier set-up and operation . It leaves a shorter thread on the material at the beginning of sewing by means of the needle thread clamp device, as well as at the end of sewing by means of the thread trimmer. Thanks to the adoption of a 2.7-fold hook (LU-2828V-7), the frequency of bobbin thread changing is reduced and work-ability is improved. Perfect parameters needed to achieve a high quality seams can be set digitally and key conditions do not need to be manually adjusted. Thanks to this digitalization, optimum adjustment values required to produce high-quality seams can be stored on a material-by-material basis in the machines internal memory and can be reproduced with ease.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
Re: Juki LU-2828V-7
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
http://www.juki.co.jp/industrial_e/download_e/catalog_e/lu2800v7.pdf

It's like the Homer car.  Skipped stitch detector.  Learning multi layer sensor.  Digital presser foot control.  Digital thread tension.  Knuckle buster jog wheel to augment handwheeling.  Integrated LED light.

Sewing conditions can be set easy since
sewing conditions such as thread tension,
stitch length, presser foot pressure, alternate
vertical movement amount, etc. are displayed
on one screen.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:48:28 AM by WhiskeyTwoFour »

Thr3Six

• View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
Looks....expensive.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »
I want one because I'm lazy. For factories this can save a ton of time.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »
Is there another machine out there that has the  "Learning multi layer sensor" for being able to go from thick to thin and back to thick layers?

Is there a competitor to this machine at the moment from Brother or anyone else with similar features?

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
Looks....expensive.

They're not cheap.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »
I want one because I'm lazy. For factories this can save a ton of time.

Srlsy.  And all those features will reduce the operator's workload allowing them to focus even more on good parts.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 02:49:49 PM »
Is there another machine out there that has the  "Learning multi layer sensor" for being able to go from thick to thin and back to thick layers?

Is there a competitor to this machine at the moment from Brother or anyone else with similar features?

Not to my knowledge.  Is there an issue with this machine that would cause you to look elsewhere?

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »
No issue, I love Juki. Was just hoping for some existing competition. This should hopefully kick Brother and the other sewing machine companies into high gear to come up with products with similar features, driving down costs, etc.

I would also love to have something like this in my workshop to build new product development samples because it could just make life easier.

My only concern would be servicing and maintaining this machine. All the new tech they add will break sooner or later. Hopefully Juki is training the dealers and independent mechanics in the US to service these machines and not just relying on the big factories to send their techs in for training.

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 08:12:57 AM »

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »
No issue, I love Juki. Was just hoping for some existing competition. This should hopefully kick Brother and the other sewing machine companies into high gear to come up with products with similar features, driving down costs, etc.

I would also love to have something like this in my workshop to build new product development samples because it could just make life easier.

My only concern would be servicing and maintaining this machine. All the new tech they add will break sooner or later. Hopefully Juki is training the dealers and independent mechanics in the US to service these machines and not just relying on the big factories to send their techs in for training.

Support innovation.  Support innovators.  It encourages innovators to innovate and bring useful things to the market.  While others wait for the price to drop one can reduce operator fatigue and increase quality and throughput immediately.  Skip that vacation or new car depreciation and let the new machinery pay for itself in a quarter or two and skip that new car or vacation.  The morale generated by providing employees a positive environment with the latest, efficient, ergonomic equipment is priceless.  Demonstrate to your merry band your level of appreciation:  78º / 26º environment, bonuses, and the best equipment money can buy.

Juki 22xx series with high lift offer the same effect.  Rather than adjusting the high lift knob on top, hit the knee switch for instantaneous, on the fly high lift/max alternating momentum.  It's a breeze to stitch over zippers and seams. The V's presser foot pressure is digitally controlled.  If it sensed an increased load (thicker area) it could respond by increasing alternating momentum when approaching and traversing seams.

On the 22xx Eco series, it's changed from a pneumatic switch (push on, release off) to an electronic switch (push on, push off) which is counter intuitive and sloppy.  Juki Miami assisted with reprogramming the 180 panel to make it push on, release off.  It's still not quite as quick as pneumatic but it's close enough.  I didn't notice a high lift knee switch on the Smart 2828.

Juki Miami has been helpful in assisting with issues via email and phone.  I can't imagine the V being much more complicated than a kit built R/C car or plane and not much more sophisticated than a smart phone.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:39 AM »

YOUTUBELINKhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qryBuUxURvQYOUTUBE LINK

Brilliant!  Thank you for sharing.  Amazing.

BergspitzeCustoms

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
Seeing things like this is mind-boggling to me.  Granted, in a lot of ways it makes far more sense for production than it does for R&D/one-off work, but the fact remains that I'm pretty sure this one machine is more high-tech than everything in my house, and my car, put together.

Does it have a secondary pedal for reverse?  In that first sew test he shows in the video Stone posted, as he completes the third speed stitching it backtacks/trims etc. all in one go.  I have seen machines that have add-on kits that use a solenoid to activate the reverse lever, but this seems all integrated.

The fact that it recognizes a broken thread that fast is also amazing.  My PR-1000E takes about 8 stitches to trigger the broken thread warning, no matter the speed it is set to.

But...like all high tech things, the maintenance and replacement parts/serviceability is like going from my grandpas '73 Buick to a brand new Mercedes with all the features.  DIY fixing is going to be a lot more complex than my 206RB-1, or even outright impossible.

For my one-man home shop?  Don't ever see a need for that expense unless my business model changes.  For the production sewing at work, especially with the variation in products that Eagle makes....definitely can see this being a game changer.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »
The start/stop tack is very common on machines with control panels, my old Juki at work has one and it's from the days they made brown machines.. I've seen some machines with electronic pedals, but I can't remember if this has one when I saw it at ISPO last year. If not, it's probably a button-press away.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

RocketLama

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 10:51:35 PM »
Hello guys, I've been using this machine since March, if you are interested in something, let me know.