Author Topic: ITW Buckle Colour Confusion.  (Read 361 times)

jaYson

• View Profile
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
ITW Buckle Colour Confusion.
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:19:57 PM »
Jayson here and I just inherited a large number of 1" ITW female slide lock buckles.  They are a light green in colour and I figured they were foliage.  So I ordered some 1" male ITW slide lock buckles in foliage only to find that the two are not the same colour.  I am baffled by this as from my understanding, ITW makes tan, cb, black, CAG, foliage and I believe wolf grey hardware.  I am certain the buckles I inherited are the same shade of green - kind of a light moss colour - as the CF Small Pack.  Anybody have this same problem? 

jaYson
Hold Fast!

jaYson

• View Profile
Re: ITW Buckle Colour Confusion.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »
Okay, ol'Sherlock Jayson did some investigation and found out the male ITW buckles I received today are indeed foliage.  I looked at the buckles on my wolf grey Kifaru E&E and they are the same colour as the male ITW slide lock buckles I just ordered from Hudson4Supplies.  So I called Kifaru to see what colour buckles they use and was told for their wolf grey items, they use foliage hardware.  So it looks like the female buckles I inherited are some type of secret green that does not appear to exist on their website.  I know they are definitely ITW as they have the same markings as my other ITW buckles.  And as mentioned, I also saw them on CF Small Packs.  The mystery continues . . .

jaYson
Hold Fast!

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »
They’re probably Coyote Tan. Not to be confused with Tan 499 or obviously CB 498.

jaYson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
I do not think it is coyote tan as I have a number of buckles in this colour and my mystery buckle is not the same colour.  Here is a photo I found displaying all the colours ITW offers:

The ones I have resemble foliage green the most.  I will send a photo of the buckle I have when I get home.

jaYson
Hold Fast!

Bootcat

• View Profile
    • Tiger Tailor
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
The Foliage and Tan shades from ITW changed quite a bit a few years back - your buckles are probably the old shade.

cdhtac

• View Profile
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:09:31 AM »
ITW also makes hardware in "Olive RAL6014" which was not shown in the video. I think that color is mostly for European markets

https://www.tacticaltrim.de/ITW-Nexus-CLASSIC-Side-Release-Buckle-25mm_1

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 88
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:25:44 AM »
Pretty sure that ITW will make any color you're willing to pay for. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are differences between US made and elsewhere.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna