Author Topic: Box Pouch Feedback  (Read 196 times)

jaYson

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Box Pouch Feedback
« on: April 21, 2019, 07:35:19 PM »
Jayson here and I put together my second attempt to sew a Skinny Mini.  I am really not impressed with my work, but am uncertain how to go about correcting it.  I made my pattern out of cardboard and carefully cut out my pieces in fabric.  I put them together and felt the pieces fit well; however when I looked over the final product, I found many "puckers" and areas that clearly are not congruent.  I did line this one and even bound the raw edges.  I would appreciate any suggestions or tips to help me "get it right".  Thanks.

And how do I post photos?  I have some to show of my work, but cannot figure out how to post them.  When I hit the icon above I only get

jaYson
Hold Fast!

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: Box Pouch Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 01:34:51 AM »
http://gearmaker.org/index.php?topic=154.0

And upload images on imgur.com
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

N8Smith

• View Profile
    • STRATUS ARMAMENT
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Jayson, to add photos upload them to a site like photobucket (it's free) and then copy the URL into your post.

Misadventure Gear

• View Profile
    • Misadventure Gear
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »
I haven't seen your product, but did you take shrinkage into account? The more stitching, PALS, etc., that you put in it, the more it will shrink. I'll add 1/4" to 1/2" depending on the size of my base piece and how much I'm sewing it. It's always easier to trim to fit if needed, than to battle with a piece that's now 1/4" too small.

As for puckering, check this out ...https://www.coats.com/Guidance/Eliminating-Seam-Puckering