Author Topic: What thread color/shade & supplier does Crye use for Multicam Pouches/Gear  (Read 865 times)

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 10
Can someone help identify this?

What thread color/shade and supplier does Crye Precision use for the their Multicam gear/pouch products? I've read through the forum and have not had luck with the recommended shades of A&E, Coats or Fil-tec.

We are currently using A&E Coyote Brown 498 shade tex 70 for Multicam and coyote brown fabrics on pouches, however a new customer wants to "match the thread of Crye".

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: What thread color/shade & supplier does Crye use for Multicam Pouches/Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
A&E Shade 1600 at least used to be the official color. It's not listed on multicampattern.com any longer.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
Re: What thread color/shade & supplier does Crye use for Multicam Pouches/Gear
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 04:11:42 PM »
Alex,
You gottta love customers like this.
Doing a quick Google image search I see plate carriers with Coyote brown 498 accents as well as Multicam on Multicam. From the pictures it looks like a Tan 499 thread for the MC on MC.
With that being said, I have been using A & E Tex 70 Tan 499 for years and every time I buy some it is always slightly different then the last.
If it was me I would ask the customer to provide a piece of gear that they are trying to match then compare against your thread color samples.
Scott