Author Topic: Needing help with helmet cover  (Read 116 times)

Darman

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Needing help with helmet cover
« on: April 07, 2019, 06:50:34 AM »
Hello,

I need some help with a project I'm currently working on. A friend of mine, who lives overseas, wants me to make him a helmetcover for his Ops Core SF super high cut. My problem is that neither I nor any other person I know owns this helmet or a helmet cover.

Already ordered a helmet cover for a similar sized helmet but as it's from FMA I have no idea how well it will fit in the end.

My question is: what is the best way to measure a helmet to make a well fitting pattern? I don't plan on using any stretch materials as that would make it unnecessary expensive. Does anyone have experience with this and would be willing to help?

Best Regards,
Darman

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: Needing help with helmet cover
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 12:11:45 PM »
It's just an exercise in pattern draping. These are a lot of tutorials on Youtube, and you need to apply the principal from a bust to a helmet instead.
It requires a helmet.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - NorrÝna

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »
There's big chance the FMA helmet she'll will not be the same size as a real Ops Core shell. I borrowed, bought or discounted for the time needed to borrow genuine shells to make my helmet cover patterns. And once you start sewing stuff like Velcro and garnish loops on the cover of can effect the size of the cover and how it fits the shell.

Darman

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
There's big chance the FMA helmet she'll will not be the same size as a real Ops Core shell. I borrowed, bought or discounted for the time needed to borrow genuine shells to make my helmet cover patterns. And once you start sewing stuff like Velcro and garnish loops on the cover of can effect the size of the cover and how it fits the shell.

I didnít buy an FMA shell but only an helmet cover. Iíll see how well it fits in the end but for the price (<10 bucks) I think itís worth a try