Author Topic: #9 Reverse Tan or Coyote Sliders?  (Read 338 times)

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
#9 Reverse Tan or Coyote Sliders?
« on: April 21, 2019, 06:51:07 PM »
Howdy, who carries YKK #9 Reverse Coil Sliders in Coyote or Tan these days?

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: #9 Reverse Tan or Coyote Sliders?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »
Are you sure it's ykk #9 i thought they only make #8 and #10 could be that i am mistaken.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 01:55:24 PM »
Not YKk, but Gerald Swartz carries #9 reverse sliders for Ideal brand zipper coil.
Good stuff.
Scott

Stoner63A

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 11:27:42 AM »
Definitely  #9,  YKK#10 too big;  #8 won't even fit on the tape.  I had a bunch I bought from the member in Finland, then another member was in a bind trying to get a sample product run out so I sold them to him at cost with intent to replace with more once his 1,000pc YKK order went in but it didn't happen. Then Rockywoods sold out on their MC tape and sliders.  So I shot myself in the foot trying to help out somebody else.

I'm about done anyway, I've got a few more things to finish for my own projects and friends then everything is going, all the machines, all the buckles, I just can't physically do it anymore.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:19:58 PM »
YKK currently only lists 8 and 10 on their site which is up to date. For both normal coil and RC type. According to Rockywoods, the manufacturer of their Multicam tape has discontinued #9 zips. Not sure if that's YKK or Ideal, since both have made MC coil in the past, but the slider they have pictured doesn't look like YKK.

It's of no help, but I'd move away from the #9 coil you have as soon as possible.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Stoner63A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 10:56:03 PM »
YKK currently only lists 8 and 10 on their site which is up to date. For both normal coil and RC type. According to Rockywoods, the manufacturer of their Multicam tape has discontinued #9 zips. Not sure if that's YKK or Ideal, since both have made MC coil in the past, but the slider they have pictured doesn't look like YKK.

It's of no help, but I'd move away from the #9 coil you have as soon as possible.

99% sure it was Ideal MC-print coil now that I think about it.  Yeah, I've only got a few yards left and no sliders, no biggee, everybody else is going to have to settle for Tan499.    I'm going to focus on living life, instead of inflicting even more pain on myself.