Author Topic: Brother ke430hs vs others ?  (Read 137 times)

Mael Eņin Tactical

• View Profile
    • MaelEoinTactical.com
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 3
Brother ke430hs vs others ?
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
Hey guys about the pull the trigger on a bar tacker mainly been focused on getting the Brother KE430HS-5 but when speaking with some suppliers they often recommended other machines also. Mainly to give me options or possibly they get better margins

The other options recommended alongside the brother are
Juki LK1900
Highlead HLK03 Japanese made (Mitsubishi PLK)
Highlead HLK430 (brother rebrand I assume
And a Zoje ZJ1900DHS which I assume is a rebrand of a juki 1900

Would love to hear any experiences, recommendations or stay always for the above machines or possible some that I haven’t mentioned but are top contenders

Cheers
Nick

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Brother ke430hs vs others ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 07:59:11 PM »
The HS is the all-digital tension mod. The FS variant has manual tension adjustment, which IMO, is better long term option, especially if all you use is 69/T70 thread.

Both models can be outfit with the expanded clamp option, and IIRC, a large bobbin is also an option.

The FS model is in my sights, however a heavier duty machine such as a BAS might work better, as I would love to do 2x2 box tacks.

Mael Eņin Tactical

• View Profile
    • MaelEoinTactical.com
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »
appreciate the reply

are you sure about the tension from speaking with a supplier and looking at the manuals both hs and fs models have the same tension systems with both mechanical and digital methods of adjustment

Stone

• Stone Photo Gear
    • View Profile
    • Stone Photo Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »
Yes, was referenced to the difdifferences mentioned dealer here in Los Angeles. He also mentioned his preference/recommendation of the manual tension variant, as it is easy to adjust, but also "less stuff to break". He mentioned that Juki is now only offering digital tension as an option, and customers have decried the switch, but they haven't seemed to pay attention. Thankfully Brother offers both(dependent on model).

A larger hook is also an option, FYI. As is a factory option for an expanded field of 40x50mm(up from the normal 30x40mm).