Author Topic: Hi from Montreal, Canada  (Read 361 times)

AtelierCodeRouge

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 2
Hi from Montreal, Canada
« on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:22 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum. I want to introduce me a little bit. I'm from Canada, near Montreal. I speak french but I tried my best to improve my english.
I'm sewing for a couple years now.  I have recently started a very little sewing shop. It's call ''Atelier Code Rouge'' witch means ''Code Red Sewing Shop''
I sew bag from old fire fighter turn down gear. I make backpack, dufflebag and laptop bag. I sew others stuff like gloves strap, pocket organizer and pouch for the firefighters of my fire departement.
I do own 2 old machines. The first one is a Singer 201 that I have refurbished and rewired. The second one is a Juki LU-563 that I have install a servo motor and a speed reducer. I really like this machine.

I'm hoping to make new friends here and to learn new stuff. I also want to discover place to buy tactical webbing and Cordura and sewing stuff in Canada. It seems hard to find at a decent price.

I see some of you are amazing at sewing bags and tactical stuff. I'm not into tactical for now but things may change.
My next project will be to sew a new backpack for my older daughter. She will be helping me in the process. Bag will be made of 1000D and 500D.

Nice to meet you!

AtelierCodeRouge

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 272
  • Likes Given: 268
Re: Hi from Montreal, Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »
Welcome!

savagemann

• View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 05:40:36 PM »
Welcome aboard!

sfA25

• LEO by day, leather crafter/gear maker at night.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:39:55 AM »
Welcome!

I have a similar setup on my Juki 1541. The speed reducer and servo motor combined give you 100% control and power!