Author Topic: What business type should I set up as? Manufacturing, upholstery, etc?  (Read 320 times)

digdug18

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm looking into starting an LLC, but what has everyone else started their business as? Does confining yourself to a manufacturing type, per the government preclude you from something, or upholstery for that matter. I looked into sailrite and they seem to only want to deal with upholstery shops for wholesale orders(already spoke with them on the phone).

I'll be producing a range of items, automotive, clothing, bags, etc. Not sure if limiting myself will screw me in the future...

Andrew

Alex

• View Profile
  • Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 10
Best to talk to your accountant or an attorney that specializes in corporate law to see what they recommend for your situation and state.

If you go with an LLC then make sure to elect for sub chapter S with the IRS.

Don't buy sailrite sewing machines, they are not the best. There are a lot of better options and suppliers mentioned in this forum and others.

Look at NAICS code as a catch all for what you are doing in sewing manufacturing:
NAICS Code: 315990

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 301
  • Likes Given: 52
Best to talk to your accountant or an attorney that specializes in corporate law to see what they recommend for your situation and state.

Don't buy sailrite sewing machines, they are not the best. There are a lot of better options and suppliers mentioned in this forum and others.

Look at NAICS code as a catch all for what you are doing in sewing manufacturing:

What he said :-)

Collier Equipment is unbelievably active in the social media world.  Very easy to reach out to.  Tell them what you're doing and they'll get you squared away.  Budget at least $1000 please.

ETA:  Mr Collier said calling him on his cell is best:  205-485-3891
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:49:07 AM by WhiskeyTwoFour »

digdug18

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Thanks for the information.