Author Topic: ID This Hardware  (Read 3208 times)

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 22
ID This Hardware
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
Okay, been trying to figure out what company makes this hardware.  This is on a London Bridge Trading pack.

Then while going through other things I found these.  They look like the ITW G-Hook, but have the same stamp as the LBT pack hardware.

I took these photos of G-Hooks with the Waterbury "W and oval" stamp next to metal stamped hardware bearing "AB."

Any ideas?
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
Re: ID This Hardware
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »
I do believe that is an ITW Waterbury steel double bar buckle.  ITW Waterbury part number 00648-09-21883.  I know Lowy USA sells them under part number TB4042, but I think they are special order item so you may be looking at a substantial minimum purchase lot a lot of 1000.  I'm not sure who else might carry them.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »
Thanks. I know it looks like an ITW item. What is throwing me off is the "AB" stamp rather than the Oval "W" stamped on it.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
I knew I recognized that AB.  It's from Albest Hardware.  Part number GVT840B http://albest.com/product.asp?Func=Info&SelCat=Military%20Spec%20Hardware&SelSubCat=Buckle&SubFunc=Prod&Albest_Part_Number=GVT840B&Prod_Desc=Non+Slip%2C+Tongless+Buckle

I haven't ordered from them in years and was thinking that was Waterbury hardware since that's what I mostly have now days.

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »
So the G-Hook looking pieces have the AB on them as well, I can't even remember where I got them.  I had mixed them in with the ITW G-Hooks.  Are they a good quality product, I'm assuming if someone as big as LBT uses them they must meet specs. 

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »
So the G-Hook looking pieces have the AB on them as well, I can't even remember where I got them.  I had mixed them in with the ITW G-Hooks.  Are they a good quality product, I'm assuming if someone as big as LBT uses them they must meet specs.
I picked up a few hundred of those G-hooks with the AB on them from Gerald Schwartz Inc last year, when I couldn't source the ITW brand. The are a very good quality product.
Scott

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:21:20 PM »
I've never had any problem with the hardware I got from Albest.  I used to get all of my metal hardware from them and will continue to buy more in the future.

Disturbed

• View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 05:59:31 PM »
We use the AB marked fittings from GSI, they do tan flat slides as well.  Never had an issue with them.

Bootcat

• View Profile
    • Tiger Tailor
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 07:50:19 AM »
Allbest HK hooks are very GTG.
However I found that the tan colored AB parts have the coating wear out quickly (just storing them in a loose bag will mark the paint). I mostly use black so no big issue.