Author Topic: Strap cutting services?  (Read 1476 times)

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
Strap cutting services?
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »
Has anyone used TN Webbing or Strapworks or any other company for strap cutting services?

As I was cutting my layout for a bunch of product the other day I determined that my current manually operated guillotine hot cutter just isn't practical for some of the volume of short straps I need to cut and I'n not to where I can afford or have space for an automated Sheffield or the like.  I'm thinking about subcontracting out some of my volume web cutting but I wanted to see here what other people's experiences have been with out sourcing their strip cutting.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
Re: Strap cutting services?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »
I looked into this last year before I got my cutter, the logistics just didn't work for me.
I only use my cutter about once a week, but with some organized cut lists you can blast through webbing, elastic and Velcro.
It took a task that I hated doing and almost made it enjoyable.
Last time I checked Nick O sewing' website they had a used one.

Fouinard

• Forum creeper
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:14:25 AM »
Wow I always wondered what's inside that beast! It's so enormous for something that drives the webbing, heat a blade and make it move up and down...
I'd love to get one though ^^

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »
Hey Scott thanks for the heads up on the used cutter at Nick-O-Sew.  That looks like a good deal and I would love to jump on it if my situation was different.  Right now I just don't have the money or the space for my own cutter.  Hopefully when I am able to buy my own machine I'll be able to find a deal like that again and be able to save $1300 on a used machine.

I talked to Danny at TN Webbing and they charge $0.021 per cut on the webbing and cuts I am primarily concerned about getting done which to me seems pretty reasonable.  That's only $2.10 per 100 cuts which is way better than my labor time for those same  cuts on my manual guillotine hot cutter.  I'm going to give them a try and see how it goes.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC