Author Topic: Zipper Sizes  (Read 893 times)

Fusilier

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 9
Zipper Sizes
« on: May 11, 2015, 05:47:50 AM »
I have  a quantity of bulk coil zipper stock with sliders that fit it. I picked it up off another website a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm starting to run low on sliders and I think, but cannot confirm, the size is #10. The sliders are not YKKs so the size number is not on the sliders'  'nose'. There is an "O C" marking on some of the sliders which supports these are the right ones for coil zippers but the "0" isn't helping me.

How can I confirm what size I have so I can pick up more sliders? I see a few posts here on #10 and in OD and Coyote which is what I"m looking for but can anyone give me a measurement I can use to confirm the size before I order some?

Thanks,

Fouinard

• Forum creeper
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 165
Re: Zipper Sizes
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 06:27:58 AM »
You can measure zipper size by measuring the zipper teeth width in millimeters.

If you read 10 mm it's a #10
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:32:03 AM by Fouinard »

Fusilier

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:34:44 AM »
Thanks. Like so many things, the answer is obvious once you know it.

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:55:47 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I recently did a tent repair for a guy who bought his own #10 molded zipper, and bought sliders that only had a tab on one end.  I told him that to keep him from locking himself in his tent, I would buy the sliders with tabs on each side.  The store I wen to for the sliders gave me coil zipper sliders...

And since then, I have adopted a policy in my shop.  The only zippers allowed are #10 molded zippers with the appropriate sliders. 

Some selective garment work may get an exception.

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA