Author Topic: Misc. OD components  (Read 1067 times)

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 10
Misc. OD components
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:12:55 AM »
Gents,

I have a one-off project that I need to stitch in the near future that requires a relatively limited quantity of OD textiles that I don't have. There are plenty of distributors out there that carry everything that I would need, but not one source and I would prefer to deal with just one source. I was wondering if anyone here stocks a lot of stuff in OD? I would need some combination of the following:

2 yards - 1000D or 500D

5 yards - 1" 55301 or 17337

5 yards - 1.5" 55301 or 17337

2 yards - 2" 17337

I don't need, but would be interested in the following if you have it: (of the following, I may just use black to give a nice contrast)

#9 or #10 Coil zipper with Reverse Coil zipper sliders.

Various Plastic Hardware - SRB, D-Ring, etc...

Hook & Loop

Elastic

I know this is kind of vague, but I don't need to meet any specific Mil-Specs or tactical requirements as this will just be a General Purpose / Medical / Tool Bag. It will serve as a bag that will live in the back of a truck. Thats why I'm flexible on weight of material, contrasting colors, etc...

I'm in rush on this project. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 22
Re: Misc. OD components
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 06:44:15 AM »
Bill I have everything you listed minus the plastic hardware.  My webbing is Bally Ribbon Mills 55301 spec and is the best OD I have ever seen, and the zipper is available in black or OD with matching sliders.  I have 500D  or 1000 lD Cordura. For the hardware I would look at Hudson Supply. You can buy single or bulk ITW in Canadian Average Green.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:38 AM »
I also have hook and loop, elastic, and shock cord. All is mil spec and berry compliant.  I sent you a PM.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
I can help with the plastic hardware. I have ITW buckles in Average Green. Shoot me an email if you want some. geardynamics@gmail.com

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your extremely fast replies! Much appreciated.

I have been in contact with Jeff. Ben, you hooked me up a few weeks ago!

Looks like this project is going to be OD on the outside with black zippers and hardware, and some foliage green lining fabric.

Thanks again!
Bill