Author Topic: Canadian Cordura source  (Read 4821 times)

bravodelta

• View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Canadian Cordura source
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
I was only looking for solid colours, but I can ask.

as for CADPAT, its a controlled item, when I was working in the QM returns, all OD stuff would be sent for auction and all CADPAT would be sent for shredding.

I have only had 500D once and it was seconds from DS Tactical in BC through ebay.

jaYson

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Jayson here and the company I use to get Cordura is called J Ennis Fabric.  The depot I use is in Mississauga, ON, but they have other depots throughout Canada.  Their pricing is decent and charge $11.36 per yard.  You do need a business license though as they do not sell to the public.  You can order as little as 1 yard.  Given they are in my vicinity, I call in my order and then pick it up to save on shipping.  All fabric comes rolled on a cardboard tube.  The only issue is that the only 'tactical' colours they offer is woodland, black and OD.  They do offer a 'smoke grey' which is similar to Wolf Grey, but not quite.  They also sell thread, but I have never bought any. 

Another store that carries even more colours is PacCana although their Cordura is significantly more money.

jaYson
Hold Fast!

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 272
  • Likes Given: 268
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »
These Canadian sources don't stock 500D military colours, not to mention the material is not made in North America.

jaYson

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »
Jayson here and I forgot to mention that the Cordura is all 1000D.  Are you certain it is made overseas?  I figured the lower price was because I was buying it from a wholesaler and did not think to ask where it was produced.  Darn!  I was hoping to help people out who wanted to purchase Cordura from Canadian businesses and avoid all the drama when bringing material in from the US.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I guess it is back to the drawing board!

jaYson
Hold Fast!