Author Topic: Old DIY Tactical tutorials  (Read 9155 times)

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
Old DIY Tactical tutorials
« on: July 16, 2015, 12:44:02 AM »
Hi Guys, don't ask me why many time ago i saved some tutorial there were on DIY Tactical and since it is down noone can see them. I hope they can be usefull for someone who starts now to sew. Unfortunately there are not the backpacks tutorial.  >:(

https://mega.co.nz/#!FYUFWDCT!oa24yTGX46noTEDdj6UMe65pEfP8HzgRVJ-wAHeOxrI
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

nutmeg

• View Profile
  • Liked: 33
  • Likes Given: 27
Re: Old DIY Tactical tutorials
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »
Supposedly the DIY Tactical site will be up by the weekend. There was a post on their Facebook page this week...

bravodelta

• View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
when I first starting off I used that site and its tutorials a lot, super helpful and a great resource for beginners.

and being a good sysadmin... I backed them up to pdf, so if the DIY site does not back up I can post them
As a sysadmin my next project is to network my sewing machine.

https://www.facebook.com/MICGear

munkygirl

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »
Link always fails when I try to download.  Thanks for sharing!

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:52:39 PM »
Nice! As I have said before, I was trolling that forum for months trying to get access, and never got it.

I sent DIY tactical a message on facebook a month or two ago, and he said he would have it back up soon.  Hopefully it does come back up this weekend.

If it doesn't, and all those posts are lost, it would be a shame.

If it does come up, are we going to try to reconcile the two sites, take different directions, or do something else?
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

mogensbeck

• View Profile
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 12:20:33 AM »
I have personally no interest in DIY tactical anymore.
I like that Gearmaker.org is more oriented for the people that make gear and also try to make it into a business. And the problems you get when trying to make a business.
I believe in a more free flow of infomation and I do not like that you have to pay money at DIY to get info where to buy a fabric ect when DIY no longer is selling material.

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
I'm agree with mogensbeck. I'm grateful to the owner of the forum for all the work he did but it is not possible it is 2 months down and 1 week up. anyway i hope this weekend it will be up so i can save all the others tutorials.  :)

ps. bravodelta we are colleague! do you want to upload them?  ;D
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

Fouinard

• Forum creeper
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
DIY was a GREAT place to share and learn, but since he decided to change the forum last year, there's been only problems. The overwhelming number of forums/subforums which made it difficult to choose a section where to post/search for informations, not to mention the uber-crappy search fonction which never returned what you wanted...

I forgot to cancel my annual subscription this year so I'm in for anoter one until next december, and being a paying member I really don't understand what the hell he is doing at the moment, it's been monthS everything is down and doesn't seem to be changing at all. No need to announce the side will be back online "in the coming days", or "next week", it's never the case. Maybe Mike isn't a web coding guru etc. and maybe it takes him months for something that should take a week, but in that case don't ask users to pay for what you can't provide.

As Mogens said there is really no need to be paying for this, since EVERY piece of informations is shared by us, the users... I know there might be maintenance fees, like paying the webhost and domain name, but $35/yr (if I remember correctly) is really too much for the services provided! Kathleen Fasanella has a forum you can access only if you pay something like $45/yr but she's doing a LOOOOOOT of work on her blog and writing premium articles for the subscribers, and is really present to answer questions herself.

That being said, I'm really grateful that Mike started it in the mid-2000s since that's where I began, but now it seems to be an expensive ghost forum.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »
Agreed. I started out using that site and it was very useful in the beginning, but when things changed, it became difficult to find what I was looking for and thus, less useful. I was a paying member as well, but cancelled my subscription last year. I'm glad this forum was created and I enjoy the atmosphere here better.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 116
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 02:22:43 PM »
My subscription was automatically renewed this Spring, I didn't have a problem with it because I wanted to support him in his efforts. It would be nice to see the site back up though, as it was a great resource.
Scott

bravodelta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »
I am uploading the files to a share drive right now.

I will post the link when they are done

bravodelta

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
here is what I have up...some of the same things on on your list...most are from the old diy site

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx9yQG2rLRoJfl9USWRKQWtUZ3JXbUlZN0NFaU5Qa2JxY3hxZ0F5RjMwcWFqYkFyZkJFRHM

backpack tutorial
Cargo pouch tutorial.pdf
Chest Rig Base, w_PALS Grid.pdf
Edge Binding Corners.....the cheap way.pdf
Firearms and Training_ DIY_ Kydex AK47 Mag Pouches.pdf
Gany's Nalgene pouch how to _ Pic heavy _.pdf
HOWTO_ Make a Barrel Sock.pdf
How to make a Simple Messenger Bag.pdf
HOWTO_ Make a Single Molle Pod Pouch.pdf
How to make a _T_ style pouch.pdf
KCK Tank pouch.pdf
Make a pouch flap out of Cordura (56k death).pdf
Padded Belt 101.pdf
Padded straps.pdf
Pouch Making, Double Mag, w_ Flap, folded bottom.pdf
Pouch Making, Glock 3-Mag Pouch.pdf
Pouch Making, _Go Bag_, folded bottom.pdf
Pouch Making, Low Profile Chest Rig.pdf
Pouch Making, Zipper pouch.pdf
/Pouch Tutorial Single mag.pdf
Quick and easy padded straps.pdf
Rifle+Pistol mag pouch.pdf
Single Point Bungee Sling How-To.pdf
Slim clamshell pouches.pdf
TT Style MAV Tutorial.pdf
Tutorial 6_ X 4_ small zipper utility pouch.pdf
Tutorial_ 3D corners in 2D.pdf
Tutorial_ backpack carry strap from 1_ webbing.pdf

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 116
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 08:31:55 PM »
My personal favorite is the 6" x 4" utility pouch, that's the one that got me addicted. It was the first pouch I ever built, sewed on my Viking Home sewing.
Thanks to the gearbuilders that came before us and shared their knowledge.
Scott

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:07 PM »
When I replied to this thread two weeks ago, I had a feeling that the site wouldn't be up that weekend, but I gave the owner the benefit of the doubt.  I would like DIY tactical to come back online, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.  I learned some good stuff from that site while I was trolling it trying to gain access.

That being said, I think the community here is pretty good.  I've had some good conversations, asset exchange, and learned a lot.  I look forward to the community growing, but I think it's a pretty awesome time to be here while it is small.

I would like to see a few more people that work with thermoform plastics and leather on here, but I guess that will come in time.

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

Fusilier

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 06:10:24 PM »
My personal favorite is the 6" x 4" utility pouch, that's the one that got me addicted. It was the first pouch I ever built, sewed on my Viking Home sewing.
Thanks to the gearbuilders that came before us and shared their knowledge.
Scott

Same here. I still have the pouch full of electronics accessories in my EDC backpack. I even reverse engineered the design and developed a spreadsheet for scaling the pouch up/down to any size desired.