Author Topic: Double Double SAR12 mag pouch, Highlander  (Read 785 times)

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 286
  • Likes Given: 52
Double Double SAR12 mag pouch, Highlander
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:14:21 AM »
7.3oz / 208g, double layer 500D construction, WTFats, HANK flap pull tabs, shock cord tabs, and SRB tabs.  Fits four SAR12 paintball marker mags, 2 cells, 2 mags/cell.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: Double Double SAR12 mag pouch, Highlander
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »
I noticed this on the other single pouch as well, you put your loop on the lid and the hook on the body. Any particular reason for this? I mean it's opposite of what most manufacturers do,
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

BOgear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BOgear Website
  • Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 01:14:16 AM »
I noticed this on the other single pouch as well, you put your loop on the lid and the hook on the body. Any particular reason for this? I mean it's opposite of what most manufacturers do,

I have zero experience with magazine pouches, but this is how we do it with our messenger bags. Reason being is it makes the loop easier to replace. In my experience it is the loop which busts out first, well before the hook does... I suspect that might be the case.

Also, Ryan, absolutely loving how streamlined, clean and fkn awesome your gear is becoming. Your Kaizen / continuous improvement is noticeable from my end!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:15:51 AM by BOgear »
BOgear: http://www.bogear.com.au   |   Blog: http://www.bogear.com.au/blog   |   Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: @bogear

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Replacing loop on an expensive bag is one thing, but on a mag pouch? Most dudes would simply toss and buy and new one. My concern with that hook facing outward, is it becoming exposed if the flap isn't fully covering it. Then you go prone and it picks up all manor of debris.

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 286
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »

I have zero experience with magazine pouches, but this is how we do it with our messenger bags. Reason being is it makes the loop easier to replace. In my experience it is the loop which busts out first, well before the hook does... I suspect that might be the case.

This.

Also, Ryan, absolutely loving how streamlined, clean and fkn awesome your gear is becoming. Your Kaizen / continuous improvement is noticeable from my end!

Thanks!  :)  Stagnation is demoralizing.