Author Topic: Textiles industry information sources  (Read 7322 times)

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 39
Textiles industry information sources
« on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »
There are endless sources of information regarding textiles and manufacturing in the free world.

If you have a source you'd like to share, please reply to this post and we'll add it.

Carolina Textile District

Manufacturing Solutions Center

SOCOM Technical Experimentation 

Soldier Systems

SEAMS

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:16:25 PM by gearmaker.org »

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
Re: Textiles industry information sources
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »
Links not working.

Just letting you know that the links for:

Soldier Systems
and you "And Here" link aren't working with my Safari browser.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:15:59 PM »
Fixed!  Thank you.

Links not working.

Just letting you know that the links for:

Soldier Systems
and you "And Here" link aren't working with my Safari browser.

Diz

• View Profile
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
We are looking for a good source of Multicam fabrics in smaller quantities.  We were buying from Duro in 5 yd increments, but the new vendor only wants to sell full rolls.  Anyone know of a good middle-man that will sell by the yard or so?  Right now all I've found is Rocky Woods Fabric, which is a good vendor, but a little pricey.  Is this just the new price increase or have you guys found any other sources?

Push come to shove, would any of you guys be interested in doing a group buy?     

Shaddox Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:19:37 PM »
I have bought five yard increments of Multicam Corudra from Gerald Schwartz Inc. several times in the past with good results, although it's been several months since I bought the last batch so I'm not 100% sure its' still available today.
Clay- Shaddox Tactical LLC

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 259
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »
We are looking for a good source of Multicam fabrics in smaller quantities.  We were buying from Duro in 5 yd increments, but the new vendor only wants to sell full rolls.  Anyone know of a good middle-man that will sell by the yard or so?  Right now all I've found is Rocky Woods Fabric, which is a good vendor, but a little pricey.  Is this just the new price increase or have you guys found any other sources?

Push come to shove, would any of you guys be interested in doing a group buy?   

Contact Ben Galpen at 1947, LLC. They are the new MultiCam distributor. They have also partnered with Texcel and can provide webbing in every colour.

Diz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 05:59:27 AM »
Appreciate the comeback.  My partner Hawkeye contacted them already and said they wanted full roll minimums.  Maybe if a few guys were interested in a group buy we could swing it, but we can't afford that right now on our own. 

Maybe it would help if a few of us little guys contacted them and requested 5 yd mims like Duro used to do? Or not.  You never know.       

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
On the price list they sent me for MultiCam products, the have a price column for "less that 75yds". Ben also told me direct via email they can sell smaller amount no problem. They will also ship through the regular USPS postal system, so for me, that means no ridiculous brokerage fees!

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
I got some Multicam Black and Arid from Duro a couple of weeks ago and asked about them carrying Multicam again.  They stated that they were in the license renewal process with Crye and would hopefully be back into production by years end.  They said they would be cutting back on the varieties of fabric but that 1000D, 500D, 330, etc. would still be available, as well as the new colors.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

Diz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »
That's really good news.

Kord

• View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »
I used to purchase from Duro as well, did so for a few years.  This past year every time I called I had to talk to someone different and sadly they weren't and knowledgeable as my previous contacts.

Then there was this about a month ago http://soldiersystems.net/2014/11/14/camo-wars-heat-crye-precision-sues-duro-textiles-copyright-infringement/#comments   :-[

Hawkeye

• View Profile
    • UW Gear
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
On the price list they sent me for MultiCam products, the have a price column for "less that 75yds". Ben also told me direct via email they can sell smaller amount no problem. They will also ship through the regular USPS postal system, so for me, that means no ridiculous brokerage fees!

That's good to know, as I got pricing from Ben back when they first got started up. I was under the impression that they (1947) were only doing overseas/international sales and that Brookwood was handling domestic. If that's not accurate and 1947 will sell the smaller quantities then problem solved.

As for Texcel, yeah, that's been my go-to source for a few years now for webbing.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:21 AM »
Ok after putting some orders through 1947, I can say the experiance has been less than ideal. I can't really discern the function of this company. I submitted two purchase orders, one for Brookwood and one for Texcel,  to 1947. Shortly after sending them, I was contacted directly by a rep from each of the respective companies. There was some back and forth via email and then I paid directly to each company. SO...why the middle man? What function do they serve? In the case of my Brookwood order, they requested some changes be made to my purchase order, so I revised it, and recieved ANOTHER email from 1947 telling me to send any revisions first to them. The whole situation seems ridiculous. I was expecting to deal with one company for the whole transaction, but instead, I dealt with three!

I can clarify that 1947 is the official "distributor" for MultiCam's international sales, and Canada falls into that category. Hopefully duro jumps back on the bandwagon and I can order small quantities online again. It was MUCH more convenient!

mogensbeck

• View Profile
  • Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 03:46:10 AM »
You are not the only one with the problem. Its a huge nightmare to order things now.

Tardigrade Tactical

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 06:26:28 AM »
Tell me about it... I initiated contact to Duro spring 2014. Shortly after (without notifying me) Ben Galben aka 1947 LLC took over the sale of MultiCam to international customers. He is not used to handling customers, think. His inventory lacked the most fabrics and he treated me as a domestic customer: I'm not fluent in American English business-abbreviations, which I think he found quite annoying. I ignored it - I wanted my fabrics. Long story short AND after correspondence directly with Brookwoods (they seem ok, though...) I have had way to many problems with 1947 LLC, than one should expect. And I kind of gave up on it...

Working with 1947 LLC is a big mistake from Texcel. The guys and gals at Texcel has some of the best customer-service I have ever experienced from a US-based company (I live in Denmark, Europe).

I hope 1947 LLC gets their s**t straight, so that they are actually worth working with. No s**t - the time (money) spent waiting for e-mail responses and information from 1947 LLC is better used with a more expensive retailer.

I'm going to try 1947 LLC out, one more time in 2015. Time will tell if it's worth the time.

Birk