Author Topic: Camera sling  (Read 660 times)

Stepan1983

• View Profile
    • SPLAV
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 40
Camera sling
« on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »
My friend makes gear reviews and articles with high quality pictures. He had an idea of perfect sling for his camera for many years and now I made it for him.

Camera is carried by two ways - on your neck or attached to D-rings that usually located on the backpack shoulder straps.

Neck part is made of laser-cut hypalon, wide in the center and narrow (for 1 inch buckles) on the ends. Also it is curved for better fit. Edges are binded - here I dont trust to laser. This thing dont absorb water, dont roll like webbing, dont slip and also very thin - important feature, because you can put the sling into pocket, it is easily packed into small space.

One end with tension buckle, second end with side release buckle. Side release buckle is Duraflex Rock Lockster with additional center push lock, so you dont loose or damage your camera accidentally. Both ends are adjustable with 1 inch webbing. One end of each webbing has paracord loop added by special way (wrapped with piece of binding tape plus two bartacks for each paracord end) for attaching it to camera. Other end of webbing has loop with velcro inserted inside for securing rolled  excessive length.

Backpack D-ring attachement is removable. You have D-rings on the neck part ends. There are two pieces of 1 inch webbing with hook buckles used in bag shoulder straps. Opposite ends of this webbing pieces are attached to backpack D-ring in primitive way by triglides.

This is how complete sling kit looks like:

Some close details:

Backpack D-ring carry:

Neck carry (backpack attachment is removed):

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
Re: Camera sling
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »
Looks good.  I actually just made myself an adjustable one with 1 inch webbing and some 5/16th webbing on the ends to fit through the slots on the camera.  I added a fastex and some tragedies, and it was done.  Nothing fancy, but has more versatility than the strap that came with my camera.
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA