Author Topic: Tear off IFAK  (Read 2967 times)

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Tear off IFAK
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »
These are the IFAK's I have been making. I used 1000D, and sell them with or without medical supplies. The ones I have in the field the past couple of months show no signs of wear, and after making a few adjustments to the design from feedback from the field this is the design everyone is happy with. And thank you to Whiskey Two Four for the awesome job on my new labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
Re: Tear off IFAK
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »
Looks like a solid design with good craftsmanship.  I have two dealers wanting a first aid kit, but they want it packed with medical supplies, which I am hesitant to do because I don't think I want the upfront cost of a bunch of stuff, when some of it has an expiration date.

Do you have any good leads on suppliers for stuff to pack the kit?

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:44:45 PM »
Thanks Two Way Trauma, it is pricy to lay out for med supplies, North American Rescue offer resale I have set up with them, Rescue Essential is another place I get things from. I have talked to and set up accounts with a few manufacturers, but they usually want to deal with case lots which run about 100 pieces of one item.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »
Very nice job, I had to take a double take to see if you were using a twin needle machine to bind with.
I use Whiskey Two four for my labels as well, I tend to get an oil stain on my labels also, generally just at the start where the stitch is locked in. Your's seems to carry all around the label, if your machine has an automatic oiler, you might be able to reduce it a bit. Just an observation.
Scott

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 11:28:15 PM »
I'd assume it's an over-lubed bobbin thread that's the problem. My machine used to "leak" oil from the head down into the bobbin case, so if I let the machine sit for a few days without using it the bobbin would be soaked which isn't really a problem until I sewed tags.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 07:38:30 AM »
The oil stain is caused from what Essal said. I usually run a scrap piece first to run out the oiled thread, but as you can see I had a moment I was more worried / excited to sew on my new label that I bypassed that step.

gearmaker.org

• gearmaker.org
  • Administrator
  • gearmaker.org
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:43:33 AM »
A little off topic:  For those seeking reasonable quantities of competitively priced and custom packed IFAK contents, try http://thetacticalmedic.com shawn AT thetacticalmedic.com

Please consider letting them know you read it here  :)

TheTacticalMedic

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
Thanks for the bump... We have pretty competitive prices and offer 25% off for wholesale orders.  We are also interested in picking up products to sell on Amazon (we have a 100% dealer score), our web store ( www.thetacticalmedic.com ) and also through our established dealer network.

Shawn

The Tactical Medic
4811 E. Julep #122
Mesa, AZ 85205

Right Side Gear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, I will check them out further when I'm in the office tomorrow. Putting together my med supply order for my current run of kits.

RedWire

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
TwoWayTrauma you should look at The Tactical Medic, he is a good dude and has amazing prizes. He deals in whatever quantity you want.

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
I will check it out. I'm working on doing a big website update with new products, and may want to feature a loaded medical pouch.

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA