Author Topic: Source for Cobra Buckles  (Read 10347 times)

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 272
  • Likes Given: 269
Re: Source for Cobra Buckles
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
I tried going through Tactical Trim but they won't answer my emails...eventually got Hudson Supplies to bring them in from Europe for a decent price. So messed up. It's cheaper to buy them and ship them from another continent, than to buy them from one province over!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:58:25 AM by Gear Dynamics »

Verdande.eu - Dann

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:16:44 AM »
Gear Dynamic may I ask what email you used for tactical trim?

The reason that Mogensbeck and I can get buckles from Austri Alpin is that we have been a customer for at long time, but now a days they only sell through suppliers like Tactical Trim.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 09:17:13 AM »
I have emailed both Martin and Sebastian directly, as well as info@tacticaltrim.de

Initially they were responsive, but now they won't return my email.

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 06:23:55 PM »
This is a long post, so I will give the bottom line up front (BLUF)

Index Fasteners probably has the best pricing for buying more than one (http://www.ifithermoplastics.com/products/austrialpin).  Mil spec Monkey has some decent deals, especially on the plastic ones (http://milspecmonkey.com/store/15-hardware-diy).  Their shipping is slow and customer service is almost non-existent.  Paragear has some pretty decent pricing too, if you buy 20 or more (http://www.paragear.com/parachutes/10000173/PARACHUTE-METAL-HARDWARE).  It's also a good idea to check out the North American (if you live here) website retail section, as sometimes they sell the pieces for a cheaper individual price than the other websites give for a bulk price (http://www.austrialpin.net/products/cobra/Retailorders.asp).

I'm relatively new to selling gear with Cobra Buckles.  I have bought a few Cobra products from milspecmonkey.com, they have pretty decent prices and shipping if you just want one of something, but don't offer any quantity discounts for their Cobra Buckles, although they do for other items they sell.  They also have the best prices I have found on the plastic Cobra Buckles (which I refuse to use).  I bought some from paragear.com.  They have a pretty good price break at 20 buckles, and I ended up buying 100 buckles from them.  I sent them an e-mail and asked if I could buy a few of each size and get the discount if they added up to 20, but they said no.  I ended up buying 20 each of 5 different styles.  You may have better success if you call them and try to sweet talk them.

I've also bought Cobra Buckles form jontay.com.  They have decent prices for individual buckles, and they had a deal for a 10% discount and free shipping for orders over $150.  I took advantage of that.  Their Cobra buckles were around $25, and they didn't offer a quantity discount.  I sent them an email and said that I liked doing business with them, but I found a cheaper source for the buckles and if they could come close to the price, I would buy form them.  They said they would give them to me for $20 a piece, which was more expensive than paragear.com, so I bought them form paragear.com.

A while after purchasing from paragear.com, I found that Index Fasteners had a better rate on some of their buckles and better price breaks.

I've talked with AustriAlpin about qualifying for a dealer membership, and at this point, I don't think it's a wise investment for my company.  I'm currently paying a couple bucks more for my buckles than I would be if I had a dealer account with AustriAlpin.  When talking about a $60 belt, I'd rather eat a few dollars than have $4000 of buckles in a certain size, color, and configuration sitting around my shop that might not get used for the next 5 years.

For reference, AustriAlpin has three prime vendors in the US (source:  AustriAlpin sales rep).  They are:
Gerald Schwartz Inc (Georgia)
Para-Gear (Illinois)
Index Fasteners (California)

Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 12:31:31 AM »
Thanks for the post. I've tried all those sources, and none come close to my current solution.

Der_Stuffz

• View Profile
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 07:48:23 PM »
How much you need?

I can order single peaces.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 08:17:44 PM »
I've got a current supplier that seems to be working alright.

Der_Stuffz

• View Profile
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »
Check.