Author Topic: Source for Multicam Cordura 500d  (Read 5702 times)

Green Ant

• View Profile
    • Green Ant
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 7
Source for Multicam Cordura 500d
« on: January 23, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »
Hello,

I'm looking for Multicam Cordura 500d, preferably in Europe. Is there any other source than Tacticaltrim? It's on backorder with them and I don't know when it will be available.

Flimmuur perhaps? Or CDH? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Green Ant
Green Ant
Individual Outdoor and Tactical Equipment
www.greenant-equipment.de
fb.com/GreenAntEquipment

flimmuur

• View Profile
  • Liked: 71
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Source for Multicam Cordura 500d
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
I'm not aware of any other place: I use tactical trim for some of my supplies too.
Flimmuur Tactical (Cambridge, UK)
https://www.facebook.com/ftactical/

Martial Concepts

• Are we there yet?
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 36
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:23 PM »
1947 LLC.
If you don't try you can't fail.  If you don't fail you can't learn.  If you can't learn then Darwin is calling you.

Instagram: martial_concepts
http://martialconcepts.org (restricted at this time)

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
I am looking for the same, so if you find some, please let me know.  I really love the fact that tactical trim has almost everything you need for the tactical gear making. especially because I only buy low quantities.. But they always seem to have at least 1 thing on my to order list that's not available, which can get frustrating. some things take ages to get back in stock, like the type 13 webbing and the metal V-rings... and I always have to call because it's often that they don't reply my mails or only half of the questions I asked get answered. from the 10 orders I made, 2 had errors in it. But they are always very friendly when I call. Especially Martin

mogensbeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
how much do you need?

Ren

• View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 05:55:33 PM »
British Tactical has Tropical and Black online atleast

http://www.britishtactical.com/categories/Materials/Fabrics/

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »
I know some of you EU guys prefer EU shops so you don't have to pay taxes etc., but if you just put in for a 15-25 yard roll instead of buying 5 you'll probably end up paying just a bit more. Especially if you have it shipped by sea. The volume of a 20 yard roll compared to a 5 yard roll is minimal, so there is basically no reason to buy low quantity.
When I lived home I was outside of EU anyway, but last time I got CB 500D from Duro I paid $6.5/yard, which means I get almost 4 yard for the price of 1 yard from them. After taxes and shipping I think I ended up at $10/yard for ~25 yards which is still way cheaper than any EU source.

stimpy

• View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »
Thats true. But for people who only do a few projects now and then it is a big investment.  I am really jealous about the amount of products available in the states and the prices too

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 02:56:20 AM »
i think the same of essal. do you know some good sea shipping company?
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

cdhtac

• View Profile
  • Liked: 47
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 04:27:40 AM »
I donīt use EU based suppliers mainly because they usually donīt have everything i need, so i will have to end up ordering some of my stuff from US, anyway. Also, materials are so damn expensive in Europe. Usually i order a larger bulk of supplies, so in the end i pay a bit less when i order my supplies from US, instead of EU.

I use rockywoods a lot when i need only small amounts of supplies. These days they charge the VAT and duties for shipments outside US during the checkout, and they also use Fedexīs EU priority as a shipping method which surprisingly isnīt really more expensive than USPS. The last time i ordered, i placed the order on Tuesday, and i had the materials in my hands on Friday, so itīs really fast as well.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 06:22:22 PM »
i think the same of essal. do you know some good sea shipping company?
I used a company named Jetcarrier for my sewing machine from Sewing Gold.. They are Norway, Denmark and Sweden only. https://www.jetcarrier.com. To give you an idea of price, I paid ~$200 for 4 boxes with a total weight of 100kg/200lbs.. Never actually used them for fabrics. It might take ~30 days to get your stuff, so plan ahead.

I do believe MyUS.com (https://www.myus.com/) serves a bigger part of the world. No idea if they offer sea shipping, but I assume so. Never used them.

Stimpy, let's say that you get 10 yards of 500D Multicam and a roll of 1", 1.5" and 2" webbing via 1947 (who has both, GSI and others also work out the same), I'd guess that the price you pay for "all" that material including shipping and VATS would be the same as just a tiny bit of fabric and barely any webbing from an Euro supplier, even if shipped by UPS or Fedex in most cases.

Green Ant

• View Profile
    • Green Ant
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »
Thanks for the great suggestions.

I was about to order from RockyWoods when the main EU supplier received Multicam replenishment.

Meanwhile I've heard only really good stories about RockyWoods. Means: next time I need a bit more, I'll order from them.

In this case, I needed ~30 yds.

Again, thanks!
Green Ant
Individual Outdoor and Tactical Equipment
www.greenant-equipment.de
fb.com/GreenAntEquipment

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »
What price do you pay a yard when you buy 30 yards in the EU?

If you get 30 yards, go straight to Brookwoods or 1947. Rockywoods etc. are good for >5 yards for fabric and >20 yards of webbing IMO, anything higher any you're most likely loosing money compared to what you get from a bigger supplier.

Fouinard

• Forum creeper
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 90
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
Just for your information, I ordered a 25yd roll of 1000d Typhon directly from Kryptek years ago and had it shipped to France via Shipito. Including shipping from mill to Shipito + shipping to France via Fedex (cheapest regarding the size/weight of the roll) + customs fees it ends up costing around ~20 €/m in total. So pretty much what you would pay for the sole fabric at Rockywoods ($17.99/yd = 17.6 €/m).

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 11:00:42 AM »
For sub 75 yard orders from 1947 the price for any MC 500 denier is $11.36/yard...