Author Topic: Triple M4 mag pouch  (Read 1977 times)

Jorvik

• View Profile
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 7
Triple M4 mag pouch
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
I wanted to try something different with this, and I included the 'lump' at the end of the flap, as was discussed earlier (and similar to what Crye and others are doing)

It fits 3 mags, including these 30 round PMAGs (with Ranger Plates)

To create the 'lump' I used a knot made from a small piece of polypro rope. The ends of which were seared. It's sealed within the flap, which I folded back upon itself, then attached the velcro hook. I picked the rope as it has some texture to it, but it's extremely light and metal-free.

The interior is pack cloth (for the lining of the lid and the lower 2/3rds of the main body, so it's smooth and lightweight, but sufficiently hard wearing.

The high-wear lip area is folded over 500D, though.

The rear is set up for Malice clips, etc. And there's PALS webbing on the sides, to attach a small frag pouch or pistol mag pouch.

I'm pretty happy with it and its function. I did add another row of stitches down the middle of the velcro after I completed it, just for additional security. I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the Flap Lump works, how ergonomic it is, and how easy it was to sew.

As always, feedback appreciated.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 266
Re: Triple M4 mag pouch
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
Looks good.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »
Are you guys making these Crye style pouches simply to kick me in my nuts or what?? I get that you can get paid tons for "Crye style" from kiddos and weirdos, but what about having some intergrity and actually spending time designing things? I know that most of you are fully capable of it, so it bothers me a lot. And yeah, this design isn't the end-all-be-all that you need to copy to have a top of the line mag pouch...

Anyways, are you sure that the lip of the mag pouch is the high wear area that requires 2 layers of 500D? What does your bottom look like? The bottom has WAY more internal and external abrasion...
Box-X the velcro on the flap.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 04:35:05 AM »
i was thinking the same essal!

anyway clean job!
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

mogensbeck

• View Profile
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 06:29:10 AM »
now I need to make one just to kick essal in the balls.

Nicely made but I would stop using multicam velcro in such a high use area.