Author Topic: Battle belt sleeve  (Read 1933 times)

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
Battle belt sleeve
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
Just a simple project I made for a friend, it's a HSGI type sleeve that can be combined with a 2" wide tactical belt and turn it into a battle belt.

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
Re: Battle belt sleeve
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:56 PM »
I'm digging this. Looks nice and simple. Not sure about just two rows of PALS, but I don't know the application. Does it feature any padding?

I might have to make myself something like that soon.

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

WBTactical

• View Profile
    • Wild Bill Tactical
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
My friend simply wanted a HSGI two rows type belt sleeve that could fit over his generic 2" belt. If this is my belt I would make it with three rows of MOLLE if it's for airsoft/range duty as most holster required at least three rows for a proper and secure fit.

And no it doesn't have padding, and TBH I don't felt like it needed it. If I could do one thing differently it would be adding velcro in the back side as well so it can be attached to your own belt (if there's velcro as well). I would also advertise it as a simple budget belt add-on if I were to make it a standard product.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:45:51 PM by WBTactical »

sklurk

• noob with a sewing machine
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
something I saw on one of the tyr rigger's belts was half width molle on top, full middle gap and half width on bottom to give a pseudo 3 row design in the space of 2. It doesn't do so much for being more secure but I think it has more to do with being more stable on your belt when it's mounted. I thought it was a pretty good idea  Only issue is finding 1/2" webbing to do it.
I make stuff, badly.

TwoWayTrauma

• Chuck - Maker
    • View Profile
    • Two Way Trauma
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »
I know that Tactical Tailor and some others are using .75 inch webbing on some of their PALS platforms now.  I think they are advertising it as a weight savings, but on a belt, it could let you squeeze in that extra row if that is what the customer desires.

Chuck
Two Way Trauma: Providing equipment for those trained in the judicious application and relief of trauma.

www.TwoWayTrauma.com
www.facebook.com/twowaytrauma
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChS-9_c8LCydZlDMYVWLxWA

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »
Basically this sleeve is just a copy of the HSGI setup, which I assume was made to work with short MALICE clips on the tightest setting. Normal molle pouches won't sit right on a 2 column setup..
TYR and all the companies ripping off TYR are using 1" webbing that is folded on their belts. .5" manufactured webbing would be a better, and quite frankly folded .75" webbing would be a better option than 1". It's not optimal with 1" folded webbing since the spacing on a 1.75" belt is .75" between the .5" webbing, so it's not a full 1" spacing.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna