Author Topic: X-Pac Civilian Backpack  (Read 3396 times)

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
X-Pac Civilian Backpack
« on: March 11, 2016, 12:15:42 AM »
Good morning / evening,
here my last backpack, nothing of special but i had some x-pac from long time and i wanted to try it on a backpack, it is soooo light. Same design of my civilian backpacks, hope you like it. i'm always open to suggestion.

thanks
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

cdhtac

• View Profile
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: X-Pac Civilian Backpack
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 03:48:09 AM »
I really like what you did with the paracord in the shoulder straps, but that paracord pals matrix doesn't really work (visually), at least not for me :) frankly, the look that it gives for the pack is perhaps too DIY

I like how you did that hydration sleeve, i'm going to borrow that idea when i have time build packs again :)

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »
Why not use 1/4" or 3/8" webbing instead of paracord? Strapworks has 3/8 and google shows at least a couple of options for 1/4.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
Very nice.
How does this compare in weight to a a pack made of 500d (just an estimate), also how rigid is the fabric, as compared to 500d.
Thanks, Scott

@less@ndro

• View Profile
    • 9minuti.it
  • Liked: 75
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 05:36:41 AM »
thanks guys for the feedbacks.  I find that X-pac stuff seem more like something DIY anhd  i agree with you that pals made paracord don't stay well on this backpack but i found them cool in the black and red one i did before.

About the 3/8 webbing unfortunately i don't have it and what i like about paracord is that i can find every color easily.

About the weight this one is around 300g and another one a bit more complicated in 1000d was around 750, i have one in 500 (the red and black one) but actually i never weighed it, i'll update!

thanks
Website: www.9minuti.it          A smart back panel for backpain www.smileBack.cloud

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chiocciolabstudio

Globe

• View Profile
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »
Very nice.
How does this compare in weight to a a pack made of 500d (just an estimate), also how rigid is the fabric, as compared to 500d.
Thanks, Scott

Scott,
PM me your address and I'll send you some larger size scraps that I have laying around. This fabric is pretty awesome.

Bill