Author Topic: Lining fabric in Europe  (Read 1367 times)

ViktorHUN

• View Profile
    • Little Needle Facebook Page
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 48
Lining fabric in Europe
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:52:29 PM »
Hello,

I'm looking for a source for lining fabric for our civilian bags and backpacks. I'm not really thinking about 420D nylon, as it is simply too expensive, but rather something thin but still durable made of polyester or polyamide. If you use this kind of fabric for your projects/products, or have a good idea for a European or maybe Chinese source (shipping is critical here) then please let me know. I cannot really describe the weight and weaving etc. for this fabric, as I'm not an expert of this topic. We need something to cover the raw look of the Cordura coating inside the bags’ body and pouches. Something what is having a nice touch and what will last long and will not tear or fray like hell.
We are really small, so quantity wise we are talking about only 5-10 meters per color. Colors are black, olive like, coyote like, navy, royal blue, red, choco brown, orange, leaf green and the remaining 16 million colors of the rainbow. 

All comments welcome. I know a guy for sure who's comment will be that we need to decrease the variety of colors otherwise keeping every component in stock will make us crazy. Are you there Mogens Beck? :)

Thanks very much,
Viktor
Little Needle

Der_Stuffz

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Lining fabric in Europe
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
In germany we have extremtextil.de.

ViktorHUN

• View Profile
    • Little Needle Facebook Page
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:55:35 PM »
Danke Der_Stuffz, I know them, they are one of the only sources I found in Europe for our work. Reasonable price, good quality service, recommended for everyone in EUR.
Any specific advise maybe on which fabric would work best for lining? If the outer Cordura is water resistant, then I guess the inner lining shouldn't be water resistant and coated. If the coating helps on the avoid fabric fray, then let it be coated I guess.

Viktor
Little Needle

Misadventure Gear

• View Profile
    • Misadventure Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:12 PM »
I use a 200denier nylon Oxford for a liner fabric.... Strong enough for the job, cheap, available in many colors, and doesn't add a lot of extra weight to your bags. I prefer bright colors to make items in the bottom of your pack of bag more visible.

Der_Stuffz

• View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »
Mybe ripstop?

cdhtac

• View Profile
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 7