Author Topic: 1000d gp pouch  (Read 1916 times)

rouge

• View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 0
1000d gp pouch
« on: April 10, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »
Ran out of 1 inch webbing so no mounting system .....this just goes in my bag for keeping things seperate.
This is the first time ive turned out a relatively clean pouch so im pretty happy.... i just recently got my hands on a compound feed machine and i cant beleave the difference its making to my work
Its 7 by 5 inches and should fit on a belt kit nicely ....i dont really like the tall big ones i have brought before .....i like to keep it compact
Need to get my hands on some better zipper coil and better sliders ....i dont wanna go down the road of adding molle to the front but ive included kind of a little sleeve which is good for stuffing rags paperworks and plasters in

WhiskeyTwoFour

• PMs off- forumATwtfidea.com
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 289
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: 1000d gp pouch
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
That looks clean!  Good work.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »
What does the inside look like? Did you bind the raw edges? What's your SPI? Looks a little low.

Great looking pouch though!

rouge

• View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »
Oh crap yeh its at 6spi ......i didnt change it from when i was doing thick belts!!! Well spotted
The inside is not bound no! I dont have a way to mount my old binder to the plate and i really hate binding by hand
So far ive left the inside plain .......i may add a pack cloth lining to the back and front panels on the inside and possibly include an internal pocket.......i dont really know how much to add.......all the gp pouches i own feel a little over produced.....i mean ll i ever do is just cram stuff into them without using all the elastic keepers and what not .....i could at least line them and work in a zipper guard though i guess!!!
What do you guys think its too much or too little!??

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:43:49 PM »
If you don't worry about binding around corners and you just bind the inside with straight lines, you could use any old 1" binder that doesn't require switching out the plate, feet etc.

As for the layers and detail, I'm with you on leaving the inside without pockets, elastic etc. I usually just shove stuff in utility pouches, and in the past, I've even cut out elastic from other manufacturers pouches to prevent snagging. I do use two layers in my pouches, but I'm moving to using 500D on the inside and outside, instead of pack cloth.

1811tactical

• 1811 TACTICAL®
  • www.facebook.com/1811Tactical
    • View Profile
    • 1811 Tactical
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 05:55:21 AM »
Good work!

@1811tactical
1811 TACTICAL®