Author Topic: Stove bag project  (Read 2593 times)

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
  • Liked: 117
  • Likes Given: 78
Stove bag project
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »
Hey guys, I wanted to share a project that I committed to for a friend of mine. He asked me to design a go bag for his stove and food.
I have some notes of the things that he wanted which include a partition inside the main bag and a zippered top. He also wanted a pocket on the back which will hold his bags of food.
Since he isn't in a hurry for this and I really don't have a solid plan, I wanted to do this in a blog style so everyone can see as this project comes to life.
My first thought is to design it like a binocular bag with an added pocket on the back. I plan on using Ballistic nylon on the outside and brown Pack cloth inside. (On second thought, maybe tan 498 500d). I prefer to use a lighter color than black inside so things are easier to see.
Enjoy, Scott

Migo

• View Profile
    • Downrange.de
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 59
Re: Stove bag project
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:48:36 PM »
I did something two years ago for a Jetboil. Sadly I didn't took any pictures of it.
Made a three divided bag. Middle part was round (for the Jetboil) and left/right was for stowing food and dishes.

Misadventure Gear

• View Profile
    • Misadventure Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:58:31 PM »
Does his intended use include operating in areas where there are bears? It's common to hang your food bag as a means of protecting your food (check out the PCT Hang or Counter-Balance methods) so you might want to include a loop for attaching your line to. A small pocket for your bear bag line and carabineer might be nice too.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:24:11 PM »
Hey, just an update I finally got around to getting this built, my buddy originally wanted a zipper top but I didn't have a design for that so I just made a standard lid.
Scott

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »
That's a good jump kit to keep in your rig for winter driving, in case you get stuck somewhere, you can melt snow to rehydrate the food, for heat and to drink.   I keep a few MREs and a Grasshopper propane stove and Coleman Buddy Heater in my SUV during the winter.

SunriseTacticalGear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Sunrise Tactical Gear
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »
That's a good jump kit to keep in your rig for winter driving, in case you get stuck somewhere, you can melt snow to rehydrate the food, for heat and to drink.   I keep a few MREs and a Grasshopper propane stove and Coleman Buddy Heater in my SUV during the winter.
That's exactly his plan, to keep it stowed in his rig.
He is also taking it to Elk camp this week.
Scott

Stepan1983

• View Profile
    • SPLAV
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 05:11:59 AM »
With this design I would recommend additional Velcro on the sides of the lid, and to use two 1-inch side release buckle (sewn in non-adjustable way) instead of one wide buckle