Author Topic: Panzerklein dynamic load carriage system  (Read 4812 times)

ManMarVelez

• View Profile
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 26
Panzerklein dynamic load carriage system
« on: July 02, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »

Misadventure Gear

• View Profile
    • Misadventure Gear
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Panzerklein dynamic load carriage system
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 01:32:42 AM »
What are the rods connecting the plate carrier to the hip belt? Are they intended to transfer load from the PC to the belt?

ManMarVelez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 04:12:08 AM »
What are the rods connecting the plate carrier to the hip belt? Are they intended to transfer load from the PC to the belt?

Right, they are transfer load from PC to the belt and hips. Next week I will post more photos.

Stoner63A

• View Profile
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:43:50 AM »
What are the rods made from, and what are the chances they could break then stab the wearer in the kidneys?

Bootcat

• View Profile
    • Tiger Tailor
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:24 AM »
You should cross the rods in the back (look up Tyr Tactical for that), it's way easier to lean left and right.

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:31 AM »
I'd be careful stepping into Tyrs area, they have a lot of patents and pending patents- but yes, the X frame is way better than straight ones.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
  • Liked: 269
  • Likes Given: 266
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:40:48 PM »
Unless Tyr has patents filed in the Ukraine, I don't think the OP has anything to worry about.

I appreciate the concept, but if your fighting gear weighs so much that you need a frame to support it, you're carrying too much!

TangoDelta

• View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »
I'd have to agree, I've never had any trouble carrying my vest, even with plates, dyneema shrapnel mats, full gear and 14 30-round magazines, so I doubt it would be worth the trade-in with manoeuvrability.

However I think it's a very beautiful setup, and I admire your clean/minimalist look, with only the absolute necessities showing.

Thierry.
No gods or kings, only man.

GoBliNuke

• View Profile
    • Ironbound Concepts
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »
I appreciate the concept, but if your fighting gear weighs so much that you need a frame to support it, you're carrying too much!

Tend to agree, but similiar solutions have been around for years - to name a few, Crye's StKSS, Mystery Ranch BASE, Virtus system element, BCB load carriage yoke, TYR's X-frame... more to coming :)

essal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Nora Tactical
  • Liked: 93
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »
It's not about being able to carry more shit, it's about distributing the weight properly to avoid injury and fatigue, and especially injuries that develop over time due to carrying a "stupid" amount of equipment. That stupid amount, especially with the type of movements soldiers do, is anywhere above 10kg...

Danish Army/Military did a study on the benefit of using the X-Frame, and it is a life (at least back) saver for sure- according to Jason Beck. Mogens might actually know about the study.
Nora Tactical
Product Technician - Norrøna

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »
It's not about being able to carry more shit, it's about distributing the weight properly to avoid injury and fatigue, and especially injuries that develop over time due to carrying a "stupid" amount of equipment. That stupid amount, especially with the type of movements soldiers do, is anywhere above 10kg...

Danish Army/Military did a study on the benefit of using the X-Frame, and it is a life (at least back) saver for sure- according to Jason Beck. Mogens might actually know about the study.

Speaking from an infantry stand point, if you start with a fighting load that is going to cause physical injury when moving around the battle space (even over time):

A) you have too much weight to begin with
B) you need to improve your strength and conditioning
C) you have not distributed your load correctly
D) any combo of the above

Maybe this system would be beneficial to soldiers tasked with support weapons, but even then the bulk of the weight is generally ammo related and would need to be carriered in a pack, for ease of access, not strapped to your PC.

I generally don't put too much stock in military studies on equipment, but it would be interesting to see the summery points. Did they end up adopting the system? Has any military? At some point I think the gear starts to become a crutch rather than an aid to the soldiers natural ability.

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 11:02:59 AM »
All that aside, ManMarValez, I do like your work! It looks great!

Thr3Six

• View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:51 AM »

Speaking from an infantry stand point, if you start with a fighting load that is going to cause physical injury when moving around the battle space (even over time):

Maybe this system would be beneficial to soldiers tasked with support weapons, but even then the bulk of the weight is generally ammo related and would need to be carriered in a pack, for ease of access, not strapped to your PC.

I generally don't put too much stock in military studies on equipment, but it would be interesting to see the summery points. Did they end up adopting the system? Has any military? At some point I think the gear starts to become a crutch rather than an aid to the soldiers natural ability.

This is why the Crye JPC is such a great rig. The load bearing system isn't needed for the PC, it's for the packs that are carried on top of them.

ManMarVelez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »

You cant training your intervertebral disc, even you have a great and strong longus dorsi, lumbar muscles-))) Such systems as PZ is a great for prevention low back pain-))

Now several systems is testing in SOF training camp and at the frontline..

I thinked about Tyr X frame, but it is not good to steal this great idea, I prefer to create own gear. and, I hope, our system would be many times cheapest than Tyr.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:02:02 PM by ManMarVelez »

Gear Dynamics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Gear Dynamics
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:30 PM »
ManMarVelez, I hope you have good luck with it. I don't mean to sound overly negative, but just putting my opinion out there. I'd love to see pictures of some SOF units using this. It would be interesting to see what sort of load-out requires a stabilizing frame. My perspective comes from being a light infantry soldier, not SOF. From my exposure to our SOF units, I have found they tend to carry even less weight than the infantry, of course this is always mission specific.